6 replies to this topic

#1 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 06:05 AM

"Me and my OEX...a tale toldor Why OEX 542/44 is key"
I've mentioned this theory of mine in the past and the similarities just keep getting stronger.

Theory is that this drop may have a few reasons that are touted by the media...but quite frankly I believe things like Japans coming interest rate rise, Iraq, Iran, inflation...blah blah blah are just being used by the big smart money to drop the market after they have got their premium prices for small and mid caps and then to complete rotation into the big caps.

That doesn't mean that RUT, MID and SML are toast..it just means that the big caps will lead what could be a tremendous rally in relative strength of OEX and to a degree..NDX.

I've posted charts below of 1994 and present day daily and weeklies for comparison purposes. There is also a monthly VIX showing the same type of spike similar to that period. The ratio chart I posted way back in Oct. of last year suggesting that we were about to enter the same type of action..although I expected the drop to start in April..........we got it starting in May instead.

Below are also charts of the weekly NAAD cumulative with a possible bottom spot at the breakout point...that is going to be somewhat important to hold if my theory is to hold up. There is also a chart using the anchor point from the crash of 87 that also makes the 542/44 OEX area important and if it holds......very bullish.

Also below is a daily NDX which I think is sending a subtle clue that although deep...this drop is corrective not impulsive....the C waves make it seem impulsive. Take the count on that chart for what it's worth....whether we get an X wave or not is up in the air. It's the three wave drop off the January top that I'm pointing out...it wasn't a fiver.

My gut says NDX will bottom with SOX hitting the Oct. low at 413 but that's another story and not the point here.

If OEX does come down for 10% correction off the top to 542/44 and holds....that would put SPX bottoming in no mans land (bear trap) somewhere between 1190/1200 and everyone will be convinced that the sky is falling and bearishness should be rampant. I've also put a weekly chart at the bottom and drawn in a TL that "could" become a channel bottom.

Note the SPX:VIX breakout point from the oct 02/mar03 lows on that last chart. All of this is totally dependent of OEX being able to hold that 542/44......a close below 540 would put very serious doubt on the scenario. Sorry for the long winded dissertation.

Posted Image[/size][/font]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
[/size][/font]

#2 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 06:30 AM

:) GREAT POST, WELL DONE. B) :cat:
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#3 eminimee

eminimee

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 08:00 AM

I don't know what happened to the order of the charts.......they were all lined up when I first posted and now can't edit.....sorry if you have to do a bit of scrolling.

#4 TTHQ Staff

TTHQ Staff

www.TTHQ.com

• Admin
  • 8,597 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 08:39 AM

Looks good to me, but let me know what it's supposed to look like and I'll edit them for you. :blush:

#5 eminimee

eminimee

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 04:04 PM

They were all suppose to be beneath each other...but really doesn' t matter if you don't mind sliding the frame a bit.

#6 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,016 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 09:33 AM

I think I've got them fixed. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#7 eminimee

eminimee

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:12 AM

Well.......I had the theory correct....but had the downside target wrong....at least it looks that way so far. OEX has broken out of a channel and if it's for real....I think the odds are good that the breakout has to be tested at least. That breakout is at the 610 area this month (Oct) with the 50% retrace level back to all time highs just above at 615. If that 610/615 area holds...we should move to the first target of 670. If 610 fails and more importantly 604...then we have trouble. There is also a TL coming up that connects the March 03 and Oct. 05 lows that intersects with the channel line at 610. Really key area.

Posted Image