• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Wallcrawler

Wallcrawler

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 12:52 PM

Click to view article -Health Care: It's What Ails Us

snip<For Joel Segal, it was the day he was kicked out of George Washington Hospital, still on an IV after knee surgery, without insurance, and with $100,000 in medical debt. For Kiki Peppard, it was having to postpone needed surgery until she could find a job with insurance – it took her two years. People all over the United States are waking up to the fact that our system of providing health care is a disaster.>snip

A question - How does one of the most wealthy countries in the world wind up trailing Europe, Chile and Costa Rica in terms of health care delivery?
$ No more effort is required to aim high in life, or to demand excellence and success than is required to accept failure and poverty. $ ~ Anonomous

#2 sam

sam

• Traders-Talk User
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 04:06 PM

A question - How does one of the most wealthy countries in the world wind up trailing Europe, Chile and Costa Rica in terms of health care delivery?

It's not the countries that have to deal with the frivilous lawsuits- it's the hospitals and the doctors. When they can decrease the costs of practicing by reducing the costs of malpractice insurance -- then and only then will we surpass all health care providers in the world.

Edited by sam, 22 August 2006 - 04:07 PM.

oh sam I am....sometimes.

#3 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 02:17 PM

What "health care" are we entitled to? Should our government pay for your broken bone from a ski accident? Oxygen from smoking? Diabetes from over eating? Heart attack from too many Big Macs? What do you think is fair medical care? How do you want to fund that? More taxes to everyone or a graded system, i.e. the fatter you are the more you pay in? FWIW, malpractice payments are a very, very small part of the problem. mm
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice