Gold Down $13.70 - Silver down .26

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 01:44 PM

When your around this type of stuff for a while - you learn that instinct is everything. But in actuality, we had these items to consider - and why I thought it was prudent to close my long positions earlier this week: 1) The Central Fund of Canada was not moving well in relation to the metals - and you had the all time asset highs in the Rydex Precious Metals Fund (divergence). 2) There was too much media hype with the false breakout in recovery highs seen in September. 3) The key performance stocks in this area sold off sharply the same day of the new recovery high - with expanding volume. 4) The yellow metal didn't do what it was "supposed to" in August - and everyone seemed to be looking at the same thing cycle wise. 5) While the dollar was declining recently - gold was not rising in lock step to the dollars decline. 6) No thrust follow through from the symmetrical triangle on the daily charts as mentioned by Index Trader almost a month ago. There are more reasons (warnings) why something like today was going to happen to the metals - but overall - this is a necessary phenomenon to keep the majority from getting overly bullish too soon - and I still expect a good buying opportunity to come as early as late October - when the majority are looking the other way while being disappointed once again. I will post some longer term charts later on for a better perspective of what may be going on. Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#2 Mike

Mike

• Traders-Talk User
  • 389 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 05:31 PM

Will likely start buying again at 50, just like last time. However, this swing could take the indicator to 80+. Let's see what the dollar does.
Posted Image

#3 swanstkdh

swanstkdh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 896 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 02:54 AM

thanks-that would be great. i am long these pms and the rydexpm fund. today was horrible. i just dont want to miss the better prices we saw today and get whiplashed. k1