• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 06:33 AM

..... RI stated: "It is RI's firm conviction that uranium names will have their turn again soon, as investors rotate back into the space, and that when that time comes, battered quality names will receive the majority of lift."

That has now happened, or is beginning to happen. Next to go will be quality junior names with high-impact potential and first-class sponsorship.

.....battered quality names will receive the majority of lift.

How well do we know who "THEY" are?
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#12 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 07:43 AM

Scott, that's our old friend/nemesis "due diligence" walking onto the stage, isn't it? :( I know you know all this anyway, but: There are some awfully vague websites for some companies, really more just suggestive and titillative. Actual uranium production is different from "future production," and mines being built are different from plans for construction. Being merely an "exploration company" isn't the same as having land, drilling holes, and grading assays. Even the brutal decline in URRE didn't change the fact that it's actually digging uranium out of the ground. And also, what's more "quality" than a stock that is increasing in price? No question that there is a lot of hype at work and that there are going to be some individual crashes, so being a nimble trader may be important. Overall, the price of uranium oxide going from $7 to $56 per pound in an apparently still-ongoing strong trend means that some stocks are going to go up, so if one's favorite indicators say "buy," I would not pass it up, and of course use sell stops and pay attention. The six names mentioned in the RI article are in my main "basket" along with AXU.TO, AZM.V, DEN.TO, EMC.TO, FRG, JNN.V, LAM.TO, MGA.TO, SAN.V, and STM.V The last two are recent additions and are scary. I have no doubts that the others are "for real." Best, Doug

#13 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 05:56 PM

:) OK doug & john, What is the current thinking and status for these two?? DMLCF.PK & IUCPF.PK Thanks, mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.

#14 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 07:30 AM

>>DMLCF.PK & IUCPF.PK<<

Scott, I was in a bar last week, and some guy was saying just that! Didn't know whether he was speaking a mixture of Bulgarian and Swahili or under the influence of some "medicine," perhaps?

IUC merged with Denison Mines, per our message conversation. Denison also owns 12% of EMC (itself a product of some acquisitions and mergers). Denison also manages Uranium Participation Corp. (U.TO).

Sounds sort of incestuous to me. But I guess we're gonna have that.

Denison is actually producing a good bit of uranium, and as such quickly benefits from the now $72.00 uranium oxide price, up from $6.50 in 2001.

Doug

#15 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:22 AM

:( As I said, I bought a bunch of those and put them in a seperate account. Sort of forgot about them, yet read all the "news" etc. and had a "senior week" or two. Will need to spend more time on my stuff instead of others, year end junk. ;) Thanks,

Edited by mss, 20 December 2006 - 09:22 AM.

#16 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 11:52 AM

MSS: I bought a bunch of those and put them in a separate account. Sort of forgot about them

:cry: Oh Geez, Scott -- oh man... now what are you going to do? :(

:lol: A person could do worse.... :lol:

Merry Christmas,

Doug

#17 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 05:46 PM

Posted Image

I mentioned this one three days ago on the FF board, and it's rallied 23% in that time. I know that trees don't grow to the sky, and this thing is pretty heated up right now, and the volume trailed off this week, but YEE HAA.

Doug

Edited by PorkLoin, 22 December 2006 - 05:50 PM.

#18 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:04 PM

Hi guys,

I went long ASX.V last week. This is a stock I had bought a while ago at $0.20, and a bunch of it. Sold it as it hit the $0.75, and then it got away. Well, I bought back in again just before xmas (tax loss selling was about over). Weekly chart is looking good with the reversal this week. I think it got a Dines mention Friday.

http://bigcharts.mar...&mocktick=1.gif

Happy New Year All!

cheers,

john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#19 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 10:31 AM

Hey John,

Here's hoping 2007 will be good for all of us. I'd take a repeat of 2006 (even with the Canadian royalty trust deal).

Thanks for mentioning Alberta Star. Hadn't looked at it in a long time, and you're right - weekly chart looks good. Just bought some this morning.

Bought more Energy Metals and FRG this past week. EMC.TO is my biggest position, and it's now listed on the NYSE as EMU. Go baby go.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I see them as (potentially) having completed corrections, and the past few days have been good.

Posted Image

Have an order in to buy more Denison if it goes a little lower.

Posted Image

Mentioned Forsys 7 trading days ago and it's up 55% since then. Sheesh. :) Had orders in for more this past week and it just keeps running away.... I give up on trying for more until it settles down.

Posted Image

Up 416% in 14 months on Paladin, the best-performing uranium stock I have. I'm not chasing it here.

Best,

Doug

#20 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:51 AM

doug,

ASX to a header and I was stopped out last week for wash.

Hi guys,

I went long ASX.V last week. This is a stock I had bought a while ago at $0.20, and a bunch of it. Sold it as it hit the $0.75, and then it got away. Well, I bought back in again just before xmas (tax loss selling was about over). Weekly chart is looking good with the reversal this week. I think it got a Dines mention Friday.

Quite the reversal in uranium stocks.

cheers,

john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain