Photo

Do you ever do things you DON"T WANT TO DO?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:38 PM

... what makes you KEEP doing it? What's REALLY making you do these things? Just got back from a swim ... full of energy ... pushed myself to the limit ... felt wonderful. Then I started thinking, WHY is swimming suddenly SO much FUN? And why have I lost interest in any kind of junk food? And why am I being so productive at work? Seriously .... I'm not kidding. Maybe you already know all this ... but I'm just discovering something ... at a new level. Consider the possibility that your mind is a SEPARATE entity ... something apart from who you really are (whatever that might be). Consider that your mind is actually a cultural INTRUSION that happens to reside in your body. Can you visualize it as a separate entity? Outside your body? Or maybe even a "commitee" sitting around, deciding what you will and will not do? Okay, you're holding that image .... and of course, this part of your mind literally controls your behaviour ... your ACTIONS. Some people call this "driving force" (the thing that makes us ACT), our "subconscious" ... because no matter how much we try .... we're completely UNAWARE of the messages contained there. Of course, the fascinating thing about all this is our ability to alter this "mind" in whatever way we choose. Good grief ... wish I'd started this 20 years ago. The faculty at Harvard Medical School has recently endorsed this mind-body method. It can help to heal wounds more quickly, boost the immune response, decrease pain, lower blood pressure ... and much more (hey, it can even make you love to swim and dislike junk food). My version is Guided Memory (based on Ericksonian principles) .... and the more I write the scripts for these things, the more they affect me ... and the benefits are remarkable. Like any sort of "conditioning" ... repetition is the key to significant results. In any case, I'm having such fun with this ... just felt like "talking" about it. I'm becoming convinced that success / fulfillment and pure joy in life is determined by how well we're able to UNPLUG from cultural conditioning (the intrusive subconsious). Best to all, Swimmingly non soggy Cookie :P :) :P

Edited by calmcookie, 11 October 2006 - 06:46 PM.

#2 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 05:48 AM

or maybe simply unplug... the theta state can be a nurturing experience. best regards, CC. :D