Cellphones don't cause cancer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 01:32 AM

The kooks will tell you the dangers of cellphones just like they told me the dangers of watching TV too closely when I was a kid.
The real danger with TV's is what's on the program!

Now a big Danish study says that cellphones don't cause cancer.
My wife's car and my neighbor's brick mailbox will tell you they can cause accidents. <_<

Article Link

Cellphones don't trigger cancer, big Danish study says LAURAN NEERGAARD WASHINGTON (AP) - A huge study from Denmark offers the latest reassurance that cellphones don't trigger cancer.
Scientists tracked 420,000 Danish cellphone users, including 52,000 who had gabbed on the gadgets for 10 years or more, and some who started using them 21 years ago.
Among 420,000 callers tracked through 2002, there were 14,249 cancers diagnosed - fewer than the 15,001 predicted from national cancer rates. Nor did the study find increased risks for any specific tumour type.

Drive carefully!

Edited by Rogerdodger, 06 December 2006 - 01:35 AM.

#2 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:41 PM

And BlackBerries can kill too!

Article Link

A Mercer Island man fiddling with his BlackBerry was cruising down Interstate 5's express lanes Tuesday morning in his minivan, oblivious that traffic ahead had come to a dead stop.
The 53-year-old man's minivan smashed into a car, setting off a chain reaction that included three other cars and a Community Transit bus, which was carrying 28 passengers.

No one was seriously injured, but the accident near downtown Seattle underscores the dangers of driving while preoccupied with electronic gadgets, other passengers and even "driver grooming," according to a state study.