IBD---The Big Picture

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 tuffy88

tuffy88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 797 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 07:45 PM

Another report on the statis of my trade using the IBD system. 2 distribution days on Nasdzq and 0 distribution days on the S&P500. Bought 3000 shares of QQQQ's on 08/16/2006 on confirmation day for that signal at $37.05. As of tonights close +14.19% on ongoing position. Bought 900 shares of SPY's on 09/13/2006 for 131.70. As of tonights close +8.67% In addition have collected distribution of $521.41: Another distribution is due in next 2 days, but not posted to my account yet. These trades were posted here in real time at time they were made. So that is the status of the trades using this system. Have posted trades in real time using this system here at TT for last 3 & 1/2 years and will report status of this trade until this last one is closed. Have no ides when that will be. I never anticapate or predict market moves. Think it is impossible to do so. Will let the market tell me. My wife & I are going on a Southern Carribean cruise December 31.2006. Next Sunday. Will follow trade from the internet cafe on Deck 7 of the Norwegian Jewel during that week. This method of trading only needs checking once a day. Do not expect an exit signal in that time. but will post if, or when, I get one. Everyone here have a good and profitable New Year. Charles

#2 saltlake

saltlake

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 08:45 PM

Nice trading and have fun on that cruise charles ;)

#3 Vector

Vector

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 08:47 PM

Nice! Enjoy your trip! btw, my confirmation days were Aug 15 and 22...interesting. We'll have to compare our confirms on next crash-bottom recovery. Having "no idea when that will be" is such a wonderful thing - I've learned to embrace and like that feeling :lol:

Edited by Vector, 27 December 2006 - 08:52 PM.

#4 tuffy88

tuffy88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 797 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 09:00 PM

salt lake & Vector, Thanks. Will have fun in the Southern Carribean. and Vector we had the same confirmation day. Charles

#5 Gary Smith

Gary Smith

• Traders-Talk User
  • 887 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 09:47 PM

I never anticapate or predict market moves. Think it is impossible to do so. Will let the market tell me.

Charles

And that's how you have accumulated over $2,000,000 starting from virtually nothing. Great trading discipline Charles.

Edited by Gary Smith, 27 December 2006 - 09:48 PM.

#6 tuffy88

tuffy88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 797 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 11:05 PM

Thanks for the complemrnt Gary. Some may be able to predict what the market is going to do, but I don't really think so. I think disciplined money management is a far better bet along with the bet that the bulls are right more than 50% of the time. In other words play with the knowledge that the long side is the default odds on favorite ot any one time. And that is the way to bet. Charles

#7 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 12:30 AM

^GSPC/One wins who rides thru PSAR red bumps.

http://finance.yahoo...PC&am...0&a=&c=
vitaminm

#8 wyocowboy

wyocowboy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 424 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:18 AM

The long side is the way to bet over the long term. At any given point in time the market will end up in one year 78% of the time - and end up 15% or more 40% of the time. (those stats are from Bill Rempel's blog site). Just like a boxer, though, you should "protect yourself at all times" with a preplanned selling point, just as you have Charles. Enjoy your trip!
Good luck is with the man who doesn't include it in his plan.
- Graffitti

#9 VermeerUK

VermeerUK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 747 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:28 AM

Tuffy88 I'm no good trading 'systems'..(only trading from instinct with me)...But you've obviously got a good thing going there....Well done! Regards...V P.S....Happy New Year & All the best Charles

#10 Vector

Vector

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:50 AM

Thanks for the complemrnt Gary. Some may be able to predict what the market is going to do, but I don't really think so. I think disciplined money management is a far better bet along with the bet that the bulls are right more than 50% of the time. In other words play with the knowledge that the long side is the default odds on favorite ot any one time. And that is the way to bet.

Charles

EXACTLY!

Simply side-step the really big sustained declines otherwise just stay long thru ups and downs and collect dividends while you wait patiently for cap app. That's the extent of my timing. Money & risk management are way more important than anything else, including timing.

Contrary to popular belief the pullbacks since 2003 have not been "really big sustained declines". Not even close. They felt like it b/c we humans overemphasize the ST.

Its easy to take the hard road, hard to take the easy one.

Edited by Vector, 28 December 2006 - 09:54 AM.