Photo

NDX, what an interesting crossroad

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 05:30 AM

Here is the longer channel, the top is around 1820 or so and smaller time frame price channels. First the NDX needs to break out of that pitchfork, then break out of the top channel line. If that occurs, is it a breakout to higher prices/using the Chapman Wave a point A and a new cycle higher? My trading model is just starting to roll into a buy position after having been bearish since late November. Weeee! :huh:

Posted Image
Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#2 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,000 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:08 AM

Here is the longer channel, the top is around 1820 or so and smaller time frame price channels. First the NDX needs to break out of that pitchfork, then break out of the top channel line. If that occurs, is it a breakout to higher prices/using the Chapman Wave a point A and a new cycle higher? My trading model is just starting to roll into a buy position after having been bearish since late November. Weeee! :huh:

Posted Image

The break-out is likely. The street believes that a Democratic-led Congress is good for the techs and that's probably the cause of the big rise in techs yesterday.

#3 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:48 AM

Great chart Chili, thanks. Gotta agree Q's looking higher here. Havent got a buy signal on the NASI yet, however, with a RSI (7) @ I0.37 :rolleyes: and MACD/SAR buy on QLD daily. There is a gap on the 30 minute QLD chart from 81 to about 82.23 on Jan 3. We may visit there before moving higher :unsure: Also I notice BC is again/still recommending a buy. I am looking to go long, but, may wait until next week.
Peace
johngeorge