Photo

Anybody else having trouble logging into IB?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 05:27 PM

Thanks

#2 fauxpas13

fauxpas13

• Traders-Talk User
  • 365 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 05:30 PM

yes

#3 bullshort

bullshort

• Traders-Talk User
  • 758 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 06:19 PM

Unable to log on with either of 2 computers. Their system status page indicates there are no problems. Their telephone assistance indicates there's nobody home. Go figure. I guess these are good reasons to have accounts at more than one broker. :unsure:

#4 bullshort

bullshort

• Traders-Talk User
  • 758 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 06:46 PM

Their system status page now says that Globex is currently unavailable for trading. That's somewhat misleading since Globex is in fact currently actively trading. What their system status should be reporting is that users cannot currently log on to IB's Trader Workstation.

#5 jawndissedi

jawndissedi

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:03 PM

Cannot log in using their mickey-mouse WebTrader platform either. :angry:
Da nile is more than a river in Egypt.

#6 vulture

vulture

• Traders-Talk User
  • 497 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:45 PM

Not to bash IB, but with the frequency of outages at each of the exchanges in the past year (i.e. every day it seems at least one of the major exchanges is down), I feel pretty certain that THE day this stuff falls apart in some major way, most people will be left out to dry with at least 1-2 major exchanges down for the count. It's almost a false sense of security when people counter that access to the markets nowadays would enable people an out as opposed to the fiasco in October 1987.

#7 geosing

geosing

• Traders-Talk User
  • 696 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 08:04 PM

Having a second backup broker did not help today, as the Strategy Runner platform of backup broker cannot log in either, but at least live brokers are available - although not on the second ring as promised. FWIW, I have been able to log in and trade IB in two of my accounts, but not in others. I understand that there is some sort of database problem with the US login servers. It would have been very professional and businesslike for IB to update the status page and let the traders know the real status. I see Globex quotes okay, so I think Globex is working even though IB says it is unavailable. No problem with the eCBOT products. Geo

#8 geosing

geosing

• Traders-Talk User
  • 696 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 08:52 PM

As of 8:30pm ET, all my accounts have access to IB TWS. My backup broker is back up too. Mysteries of online platforms. Just another factor to consider when evaluating risk. Geo

#9 Darris

Darris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 08:53 PM

I am back on line now. Thanks for everyone's responses. Have a good trading day!!