Techs Leading

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,933 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 10:48 AM

I bet ST low was in and techs will take SPX up to the top of the trading range. :)

#2 traderpaul

traderpaul

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:45 AM

I bet ST low was in and techs will take SPX up to the top of the trading range. :)

She has been trading sideways for two months now.....Looks like distribution to me.....The longer this takes place, the harder the fall.....The day before Christmas was down.....The day before New Year was also down.....Those supposed to be up days.....
"Inflation is taking place now. Prices may not appear to be rising because they are making packaging smaller. "— Rickoshay

#3 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 12:46 PM

Red, you saw this right?

#4 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 12:53 PM

The speculative stocks are usually the last group to rally as the top is forming. I consider techs as speculative since they are so volatile. Reach your own conclusions.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#5 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 01:35 PM

NDX is trading below its 2006 highs and trying to lead on rising implied volatility. RUT is signficantly above its neutral option positions and not only leading to the downside, but also I think it is the most prone for an IT decline. The institutions suddenly increased their long option exposure last week after sitting tight over 2 months. I think they've been selling their longs and hedging with calls for a neutral position at this point. I think the current pause is primarily due to the temporarily rising liquidity wave and the unfolding obvious trend...

#6 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,933 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 11:15 PM

Red, you saw this right?

kisa: the definition of the range was successfully tested on the lower end today. :)

#7 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 06:49 AM

kisa: the definition of the range was successfully tested on the lower end today. :)

I'd like to emphasize again, I would've really liked to see the volatility premiums rising on a down day rather than on an up day, especially not more on the leading index...

:)