Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:31 AM

Everyday is pivotal. No?
If it can be cornered, it will.

#12 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:42 AM

Sounds like you're fading me though...which I find laughable from a guy who missed the entire rally from the lows by shorting QQQQ. Sheesh.

IT

If you're implying that you're long right now and that I'm shorting right now, that would be correct.

If you're also implying that I've not been making money during this leg, you would not be correct.

Don't get so touchy, we're all traders here. I was merely pointing out that you and XD are once again on opposite sides of the trade. And I'm on the same side with XD at the moment. Its not a knock on your trading ability.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#13 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:47 AM

Hi IT,

Your call on filling of the NDX gap the other day was very accurate. Curious what your current outlook is. Have no doubt, you are among the best traders in the board.

G.

Everyday is pivotal. No?

some days are more pivotal than others :D

(sorry, bad joke, but could not resist it)
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#14 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:48 AM

Sounds like you're fading me though...which I find laughable from a guy who missed the entire rally from the lows by shorting QQQQ. Sheesh.

IT

If you're implying that you're long right now and that I'm shorting right now, that would be correct.

If you're also implying that I've not been making money during this leg, you would not be correct.

Don't get so touchy, we're all traders here. I was merely pointing out that you and XD are once again on opposite sides of the trade. And I'm on the same side with XD at the moment. Its not a knock on your trading ability.

I didn't "imply" that I'm long. Simply comments about the relative strength in NDX. Don't have a clue whether you're short at this time, or what you're short. And I don't have a clue what you mean by "making money during this leg". You were on the wrong side all the way up, so whatever you're making right now is unlikely to have made up for it.

IT

#15 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:54 AM

IT

I didn't "imply" that I'm long. Simply comments about the relative strength in NDX. Don't have a clue whether you're short at this time, or what you're short. And I don't have a clue what you mean by "making money during this leg". You were on the wrong side all the way up, so whatever you're making right now is unlikely to have made up for it.

IT

Thats where you're wrong. There's a difference between being bearish and having proper money management. I'm mostly a short term trader, and as you may have seen in my posts real time, my intra day and swing trades are highly on the mark.

But you may think what you want and use me as a fade anytime :). Some people's system seems to rely mostly on fading certain people it seems. So ya, go long. I'm short this morning from Qs 44.15 and 43.98.

Edited by dcengr, 09 January 2007 - 12:03 PM.

Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#16 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:59 AM

Looks like you guys are fighting over something insignificant (whether xD's call is right or wrong). Move on. :)
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#17 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 12:52 PM

Not one of of us on this board is gonna be 100% right... not IYB, not IT, Not XD....not even OEXCHAOS. It would be nice if you good traders whom we respect, just post your trades or analysis or opinion or gut feel, and refrain from pointing out some bad trades others may have made. Thank you very much & Happy New Year!
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#18 Rightfield

Rightfield

• Traders-Talk User
  • 95 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 02:53 PM

Where do you see the Semis getting hammered? They have been up since the start of the year, similar to the NDX.

IT

What I am talking about is this....

I have been shorting select Semis since September for 4 months and I am up on that group more than NDX made since the summer lows...

Semis are in a full blooded bear market that will be more visible once the broad market tops out...

Posted Image

you'll get a different picture (false breakdown) if you draw that same trendline on the SOX rather than on the SMH fwiw....

RF

#19 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:10 PM

This index gonna splode just like AAPL. New highs coming.

I'm buying tomorrow.

Posted Image