• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 02:29 PM

SS...I bought a full position in CLRT after the 2007 year started. again, many thanks for telling me about it long ago. I expect a move above the December high...we'll see.

13 minute CLRT

Posted Image

Edited by hiker, 09 January 2007 - 02:33 PM.

#12 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 02:37 PM

Jobs also announced today that the name of the company is changing to "Just Apple" reflecting the many products it now manufactures. Long on the breakout at 88.25, and like the market, not really caring about any option shenanigans. Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#13 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:05 PM

I'll make a prediction of the criticisms that will come out for iphone. 1. Screen breaks in pocket. This is why most cell phones do not have large screens, and those that do are well protected. 2. Lack of buttons suck up power. A cell phone's usefulness is its standby time. A full screen phone will eat up juice like no other. 3. Too large. No one wants a big PDA for a phone in your pocket. Thats why PDA phones went down the toilet.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#14 securelstmile

securelstmile

• Banned
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:10 PM

I'll make a prediction of the criticisms that will come out for iphone.

1. Screen breaks in pocket. This is why most cell phones do not have large screens, and those that do are well protected.

2. Lack of buttons suck up power. A cell phone's usefulness is its standby time. A full screen phone will eat up juice like no other.

3. Too large. No one wants a big PDA for a phone in your pocket. Thats why PDA phones went down the toilet.

You would be surprised but I kind of agree with you. The bigger story is the new ipod and mac sales, as usual the media has it wrong. Still the stock will take out 150 this year.
The harder I work, the luckier I get.

#15 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:22 PM

I'll make a prediction of the criticisms that will come out for iphone.

1. Screen breaks in pocket. This is why most cell phones do not have large screens, and those that do are well protected.

2. Lack of buttons suck up power. A cell phone's usefulness is its standby time. A full screen phone will eat up juice like no other.

3. Too large. No one wants a big PDA for a phone in your pocket. Thats why PDA phones went down the toilet.

You would be surprised but I kind of agree with you. The bigger story is the new ipod and mac sales, as usual the media has it wrong. Still the stock will take out 150 this year.

I find more interesting that practically all of their competitors dropped while AAPL went up :lol:

All the people who were bullish RIMM, MOT, etc..

Emotions are running high in this area, which is usually not a good thing.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#16 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:57 PM

Jobs also announced today that the name of the company is changing to "Just Apple" reflecting the many products it now manufactures.

Long on the breakout at 88.25, and like the market, not really caring about any option shenanigans.

Fib

When you gettig out?? B)

:blush:
25% in at 84.51 will add on break out TL, stop 83ish

Raised stop.

Edited by mss, 09 January 2007 - 03:58 PM.

WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#17 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:03 PM

mss...I sold core AAPL long on the close...tomorrow is another day. I have a long habit of selling when others are buying...can always reenter.....posted my intial entry of this long trade at FF some time ago in 2006. btw,I bought the close on 12/29 in a basket of China plays excluding the telecom providers and LFC....the basket is doing well. Added to some since.

Edited by hiker, 09 January 2007 - 04:05 PM.

#18 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:08 PM

mss...I sold core AAPL long on the close...tomorrow is another day.

Still have my core, but sold 1/2 of recent buy. May sell the rest tomorrow or ... buy more :blink:
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#19 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:46 PM

When you getting out?? B)

When the market tells me to, what else? B)

Fib

Oh, btw, the new company will be called "Apple, Inc." When I heard the news on the radio they said that it would be called "just" Apple. Silly me.

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions