Photo

One last time I will pound the table that...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 01:22 PM

Crude oil put some sort of a bottom ... as well as related sectors like xle and oih currently crude oil fully recovered and some and the volume is absolutely climactic. Also OIH fully recovered on gigantic volume... OIH currently made %130 average volume and it is only 1:20 ET volume will easily double from here.. if you check the price history of this sector, almost all major lows are printed like this...it is mainly because this sector is heavily institutional... doji days on giant volume or gap down and reversal type days on big volume like today.... in other words there will likely be upside follow through in coming days.

Edited by xD&Cox, 09 January 2007 - 01:24 PM.

#2 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 01:31 PM

What about that second nail call? Sorta feels like a staple at the moment :lol: Did you load up on your spoos?
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#3 jawndissedi

jawndissedi

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 01:37 PM

xD is not alone on this one. GS has been fiddling with its indexes again, and this time, it looks like the smart money was waiting in the weeds, ready to pounce . . . Read here for details.

BTW, nice trade, xD.
Da nile is more than a river in Egypt.

#4 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 01:50 PM

What about that second nail call? Sorta feels like a staple at the moment :lol:

Did you load up on your spoos?

Btw I was saying yesterday that NDX and AAPL are tied like umbilical cords. You cannot have NDX go down without AAPL, which is why I think AAPL must lead the way down, and I think it will.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#5 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 02:11 PM

xd, how do you expect a market crash and an oil bottom at the same time?!? Anyway, I am thinking the signing of the 30 yr contracts in Iraq by the multi-national oil companies is actually putting a lot of pressure on the local drillers since the oil prices will likely to stay within the lows of the range, if it works out that way... The oil drillers had a right translated cycle since the lows to the highs and the decline came of these news, so a strong bounce is still not out of the norm. - kisa

#6 Vector

Vector

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 03:45 PM

cool, that's good for the entire market then!!!

#7 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:04 AM

Well, I've got an oil-gas positon so I hope you are right. but it took a hit today.
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#8 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:50 AM

XD, the volume weighted averege price is around 130 now for the trailing 5 days, and today's intraday reversal below this level says there is some sort of institutional support now. It might definitely bounce somewhat higher...

#9 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:57 PM

I have now a cyclic pattern that suggests a bounce to $136 and then a decline to $113 on OIH... The time frame is over the next 6 wks, the bounce should take about 1.5-2 wks...