update on second nail...

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:12 PM

Is this some kinda bearfest dialogue that is really getting at something ?

This is a decent discussion among technicians trading theories and projections.

Far from the typical "TO DA MOON" or "CRASH" posts that usually occupy this board. I know its foreign, but bear with me, its a good thing.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#12 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 08:38 PM

I am not familiar with this pattern at all.

The 1936, 1946, 1966 patterns are sorta this pattern.

The exception is the 1986 pattern.. and I still give that a decent chance of occuring.

Lindsay's work is similar to Gann's work. They took price patterns and basically distilled the average pattern out. Not bad for old dinosaurs without computers.

I am reading "45 Years in Wall Street" by Gann. I recommend.

#13 slatedrake

slatedrake

• Traders-Talk User
  • 269 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 08:52 PM

FYI -

http://www.sandsprin...rticles/tp.html
Before you start trading get your brain around risk control. Know how much leverage you're using and know when to go to cash if you're wrong.

#14 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:10 PM

The 1936, 1946, 1966 patterns are sorta this pattern.

The exception is the 1986 pattern.. and I still give that a decent chance of occuring.

Lindsay's work is similar to Gann's work. They took price patterns and basically distilled the average pattern out. Not bad for old dinosaurs without computers.

I am reading "45 Years in Wall Street" by Gann. I recommend.

I got it, and read it. The best source of gann type study is that website with the gann video I posted before.

At some point I'll have time to run through "The profit magic of stock transaction timing" by hurst. All similar concepts which involve finding repeating cycles of highs and lows.

I would like to read more about Lindsay, but his material isn't easy to come by.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#15 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 11:56 AM

[/quote] I got it, and read it. The best source of gann type study is that website with the gann video I posted before. At some point I'll have time to run through "The profit magic of stock transaction timing" by hurst. All similar concepts which involve finding repeating cycles of highs and lows. I would like to read more about Lindsay, but his material isn't easy to come by. [/quote] dc, just happened upon this post. having studied both, IMHO aside from gann and hurst using the word cycles, there is very little in the way of similiar concepts.
airedale

Outspeaks the Squire, "Give room, I pray,
And hie the terriers in;
The warriors of the fight are they,
And every fight they win".

Ring-Ouzel, England