• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,010 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:10 PM

I've not been posting much in order to save my hands and get used to new keyboard and alignment, etc. It's not so easy. I did feel it important to advise of the following. The $-weighted P/C's show folks REALLY paying up for Calls. The OEX is at 0.41, the SPY is at 0.08, and the Q's are at 0.16. Something is going on here. I think it's Bearish, but just in case, don't over expose and pay attention. I smell a set up.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#2 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 07:16 PM

I've not been posting much in order to save my hands and get used to new keyboard and alignment, etc. It's not so easy.

I did feel it important to advise of the following.

The $-weighted P/C's show folks REALLY paying up for Calls. The OEX is at 0.41, the SPY is at 0.08, and the Q's are at 0.16. Something is going on here. I think it's Bearish, but just in case, don't over expose and pay attention. I smell a set up.

They read I went short this morning and decided to fade me. :cry:
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#3 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 08:40 PM

I've not been posting much in order to save my hands and get used to new keyboard and alignment, etc. It's not so easy.

The $-weighted P/C's show folks REALLY paying up for Calls. The OEX is at 0.41, the SPY is at 0.08, and the Q's are at 0.16. Something is going on here. I think it's Bearish, but just in case, don't over expose and pay attention. I smell a set up.

Reminds me how OEX p/c skyrocket 4 months ago and made us think of an imminent top...

#4 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 08:57 PM

Reminds me how OEX p/c skyrocket 4 months ago and made us think of an imminent top...

XD,

Mark is talking inverse here.. he says OEX p/c is low. .41, not 4.1. So he's saying people are buying calls with two fists. Which he's taking as contrarian.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#5 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:16 PM

I've not been posting much in order to save my hands and get used to new keyboard and alignment, etc.

Thanks for the update boss.
Take it easy or you could end up like me.

#6 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:43 PM

Mark, you using one of those keyboards where the keys sort of form two separate bowls? I saw a guy yesterday at work that took it a step further. he has a normal desk like anyone. But the ergonomic Keyboard sits on a little platform that comes down at an angle almost to his chest or waist area. On that platform he rests his arms while he types. It has a curve in it where he sits and sort of wraps around his body just a bit, deep enough to allow him to lay his arms down on it rather than hold them up while he types.. Not only does it take some strain off his wrists but he also says it stops the ache he used to get in shoulders and neck. I remember now seeing some people using arm holders a long time back. This thing is a bid differend as it's all one big board that angles down and he can lay his arms on it anyway he wants. The things people do to be able to keep typing for a living!

Edited by Sentient Being, 09 January 2007 - 11:47 PM.

In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#7 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:08 AM

XD,

Mark is talking inverse here.. he says OEX p/c is low. .41, not 4.1. So he's saying people are buying calls with two fists. Which he's taking as contrarian.

I know and that is why I said "reminds me" because that high OEX p/c was a hedge against their long positions.
This low P/C Mark mentioned could be a hedge against their short position.

#8 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,010 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:23 AM

It's across the board, guys. Also, the SPY and QQQQ $ volume dwarves the OEX. It's not that they are buying so many calls, either. It's that they are paying so much for them. You only pay up for calls for two reasons, I'd guess. 1 you have to in order to protect a position, or 2 you don't know any better.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#9 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:27 AM

It's across the board, guys. Also, the SPY and QQQQ $ volume dwarves the OEX. It's not that they are buying so many calls, either. It's that they are paying so much for them.

You only pay up for calls for two reasons, I'd guess. 1 you have to in order to protect a position, or 2 you don't know any better.

The price for OEX puts yesterday morning during the brief period of strength was unusually high, too....

mm
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#10 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,010 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:25 AM

SPY Put/Call open interest is 2:1.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment