• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jawndissedi

jawndissedi

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 09:31 PM

Liquidity junkies scamper to the sidelines as BoJ meeting looms:

"Japan's Nikkei 225 Stock Average slid 1.7 percent to 16,946.89, while the broader Topix index lost 1.5 percent. Companies that outperformed the benchmarks last year, such as Toyota Motor Corp. and Canon Inc., led the slide as investors cut holdings of the shares in case the Bank of Japan raises interest rates next week." -- Bloomberg
Da nile is more than a river in Egypt.

#2 donone

donone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:14 PM

See of red in Asia and Australia

http://quote.yahoo.com/m2?u

#3 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:18 PM

Tis just a flesh wound. They can still bite.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#4 James Quillian

James Quillian

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:30 PM

Liquidity junkies scamper to the sidelines as BoJ meeting looms:

"Japan's Nikkei 225 Stock Average slid 1.7 percent to 16,946.89, while the broader Topix index lost 1.5 percent. Companies that outperformed the benchmarks last year, such as Toyota Motor Corp. and Canon Inc., led the slide as investors cut holdings of the shares in case the Bank of Japan raises interest rates next week." -- Bloomberg

I guess folks in Japan and all over Asia must be getting nervous, same as in Brazil and Argentina.
But, there is no reason for concern over here because we have the PPT and the mysterious mechanical bids.

#5 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 10:59 PM

slid 1.7 percent to 16,946.89...Tis just a flesh wound. They can still bite.

Agreed. I don't see what the problem is. All it's doing is testing the 20 day EMA.

But I do get a sense of desperation.

Fib

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$NIKK&p=D&st=2006-04-01&i=t08861914016&r=5330.png

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#6 donone

donone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:00 PM

Have a look at this live chart for HSI-Talk about volatility

http://www.livechart...ts/hangseng.php

#7 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:10 PM

They're really putting some fear into futures tonight... Just what we need, another gap and an army of traders looking to fill it.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#8 donone

donone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 254 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 11:25 PM

There is something going on out there. the Nikkei almost always has a good bounce after the midday break, but today it can hardly muster any strength. Nikkei falling fast again-there seems to be a general liquidation out there of all liquide assets-hedge fund selling????

#9 no_mind

no_mind

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:26 AM

I found the following chart of the TOPIX (which Bill uses instead of the Nikkei) interesting in Mclaren's weekly report of 1/8/07. Please click on the link provided as I was unable to get his commentary for the chart to display.

Posted Image