CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:21 PM

Added a short for hedge, got filled near the bid,
may mean the market is going higher.

Went long SMH also today.
Let's see if it is another false break or could be a huge breakout
similar to AAPL, the pattern is there I think. Was worth a try anyway.

Posted Image

#3 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:31 PM

see lower right column...

http://www.tic-tac-d...RSCOMPPAGE.html

will horizontal $34.80 become support for SMH

#4 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:42 PM

see lower right column...

http://www.tic-tac-d...RSCOMPPAGE.html

will horizontal $34.80 become support for SMH

Hiker......most likely will. I want to see the weekly close over 35.

Nobody cares about semi's much anymore, just been lagging,
they may surprise.

#5 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:54 PM

Ted gives a good view of where SOX etc currently reside...note the daily PnF Sox chart, and his comments -

http://stockcharts.c...et?obj=ID445101

#6 securelstmile

securelstmile

• Banned
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:59 PM

Ted gives a good view of where SOX etc currently reside...note the daily PnF Sox chart, and his comments -

http://stockcharts.c...et?obj=ID445101

Hiker,

Thank you for introducing this the other day. It helped me today on my entry on nvda because I was watching the sox and ted's targets.

Good insights on the areas to watch.
The harder I work, the luckier I get.

#7 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:02 PM

gladly, SS. feeback much appreciated. SS...any opinion you have on AOB over time will be appreciated. thanks.

Edited by hiker, 10 January 2007 - 05:04 PM.

#8 tuffy88

tuffy88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 797 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:14 PM

----The market has gone a long time without a 10% correction. So one is due. Sentiment is looking if not bad at least not so good. So a correction is due. Seasonality has not worked this year. So a correction is due. The trouble is the market won't obey orders or follow instructions. It just keeps doing what it want to do. It has been instructed by TA people time and again to break the 50 day MA to the downside. It just won't do it. So far. Maybe a better idea would be for traders to just follow the market and let the market tell them what to do instead of them instructing the market what to do. The market seems to take a delight in emptying out the bank accoutnts of traders who give it orders to go either up or down and then bet that the market will obey their orders. I don't really think they are the smart money for all of their sneering prattle about "joe six-pack" and "bagholders". Charles

Edited by tuffy88, 10 January 2007 - 05:14 PM.

#9 traderpaul

traderpaul

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:18 PM

----The market has gone a long time without a 10% correction. So one is due. Sentiment is looking if not bad at least not so good. So a correction is due. Seasonality has not worked this year. So a correction is due. The trouble is the market won't obey orders or follow instructions. It just keeps doing what it want to do. It has been instructed by TA people time and again to break the 50 day MA to the downside. It just won't do it. So far. Maybe a better idea would be for traders to just follow the market and let the market tell them what to do instead of them instructing the market what to do. The market seems to take a delight in emptying out the bank accoutnts of traders who give it orders to go either up or down and then bet that the market will obey their orders. I don't really think they are the smart money for all of their sneering prattle about "joe six-pack" and "bagholders".

Charles

Charles, The rest of the world is dropping.....It is just a matter of time.....Link
"Inflation is taking place now. Prices may not appear to be rising because they are making packaging smaller. "— Rickoshay

#10 tuffy88

tuffy88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 797 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:28 PM

Paul, You may be right. I don't know whether it will be higher or lower a month from now. But for me one fact is clear. At this point in time the trend in the US markets is up. And a trend once in place is an odds on favorate to continue. And that is the way to bet. I will wait and let the market tell me what it is going to do, not tell it what it has to or should do. Best wishes, Charles

Edited by tuffy88, 10 January 2007 - 05:29 PM.