Shorts need to be careful here

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:25 AM

There's not many times when this indicator goes down with rising prices where prices reverse before sentiment reverses.. usually price goes up then sentiment reverses.

That said, if you read my blog, there was some serious capitulation in odd-lot data last night, but not enough to wipe out the massive shorting of past few days. It could be that we get another rising today, giving some extra ordinary pain to bears to live through the weekend.

Posted Image
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#2 endisnear

endisnear

• Traders-Talk User
  • 439 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:31 AM

There's not many times when this indicator goes down with rising prices where prices reverse before sentiment reverses.. usually price goes up then sentiment reverses.

That said, if you read my blog, there was some serious capitulation in odd-lot data last night, but not enough to wipe out the massive shorting of past few days. It could be that we get another rising today, giving some extra ordinary pain to bears to live through the weekend.

Posted Image

fade thyself... up initially then down by end of day

#3 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:35 AM

My guess more like up and close up, then down monday. Me thinks we're gonna close above 45.25. And thats going to make bears find religion over the weekend. They'll be going "whaa, AMD warning, AAPL news, and market still goes up, its unsinkable".

Edited by dcengr, 12 January 2007 - 09:36 AM.

#4 Vector

Vector

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:36 AM

those two sentiment spikes in 2005 really nailed those tops nicely. LOL the bearish sentiment persistency since the Fall is extremely boooooooolish for the market thanks for the updates LT and IT cycles are still pointing North - no end in sight. Skeptics of all walks of life still abound. This could even surprise the bullish of the most bullish "types"

Edited by Vector, 12 January 2007 - 09:38 AM.

#5 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:39 AM

What does "careful" mean? Does that mean cover your shorts and get long? By the way, did you cover your own shorts? I didn't see any posts about it. IT

#6 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:43 AM

fwiw...Market closed Monday.

#7 endisnear

endisnear

• Traders-Talk User
  • 439 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:43 AM

My guess more like up and close up, then down monday.

Me thinks we're gonna close above 45.25. And thats going to make bears find religion over the weekend.

They'll be going "whaa, AMD warning, AAPL news, and market still goes up, its unsinkable".

thats been whats been going on since august...at some point the truth will prevail and this pig gets the bolt between the eyes....today is the day....

#8 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:51 AM

What does "careful" mean? Does that mean cover your shorts and get long?

By the way, did you cover your own shorts? I didn't see any posts about it.

IT

No careful means just that. You can do with the info as you wish.

As for my shorts, yes, I squeaked out with a small profit again, but getting pretty pissed off keep getting popped off.

I need to be a bit sharper in thinking about stuff like when JPM says "no iphone" I should be thinking "those bastage liars".

Anyways, IT, good luck to your trade. I'll be joining you on the short side once again soon. Once again, you were right short term (just like OIH) vs XD, but a bit longer term, looks like you and XD will both be right :).

fwiw...Market closed Monday.

Well then we're getting a blow off top with AAPL earnings announcement maybe.. that would be 18th.

#9 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:55 AM

One thing I've noticed is that at turns, the FF's tend to get surprisingly right. Look at the July low. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#10 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:59 AM

Btw, this is what I'm thinking..

These bastages did this last year. I should've known better.. I feel so violated.

Posted Image