Shorts need to be careful here

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:00 AM

Had you warned the shorts yesterday morning or the day before that i would have applauded that call. You didn't see that coming, did you ? Now once the market has already rallied and likely putting the finishing touches, you talk about "Extra ordinary" pain. :cry:. Why is it that your scorch calls always comes after the SCORCH is done with?

Edited by NAV, 12 January 2007 - 10:02 AM.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#12 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:03 AM

One thing I've noticed is that at turns, the FF's tend to get surprisingly right. Look at the July low.

Mark

Yes I agree, but one can see the data. I'll post it once in a while.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#13 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:05 AM

short es 35,,,,,stop 42.75

#14 endisnear

endisnear

• Traders-Talk User
  • 439 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:05 AM

Btw, this is what I'm thinking..

These bastages did this last year. I should've known better.. I feel so violated.

Posted Image

11 is sacred number to some.......I think you know what I'm talking about...

The astrology charts have been dead on for me this month....yesterday was high....one eleven...

#15 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:09 AM

Btw, this is what I'm thinking..

These bastages did this last year. I should've known better.. I feel so violated.

Posted Image

11 is sacred number to some.......I think you know what I'm talking about...

The astrology charts have been dead on for me this month....yesterday was high....one eleven...

If you look in my blog, I posted a fractal of 1946 pattern onto the 5-min pattern on Qs.. it could be that we get our down today, I have no clue. I was looking for an early pop to screw the bears, and thats happened.

If it goes down after this, then I wouldn't mind :).

Had you warned the shorts yesterday morning or the day before that i would have applauded that call. You didn't see that coming, did you ? Now once the market has already rallied and likely putting the finishing touches, you talk about "Extra ordinary" pain. :cry:.

Why is it that your scorch calls always comes after the SCORCH is done with?

I did post this chart.. like a week ago.. when it dipped below that. But like all lemmings, I ignored it :cry:

What can I say? I'll try to post it more often.

#16 Vector

Vector

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:11 AM

its not the only thing (or person) you ignored that'll cost you :lol: an opened mind doesn't ignore anything

Edited by Vector, 12 January 2007 - 10:12 AM.

#17 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:12 AM

I was looking for an early pop to screw the bears, and thats happened.

That's not true. You were looking for an upday to give bears some extra ordinary pain to live through the weekend. Seems like you already changed your mind.

It could be that we get another rising today, giving some extra ordinary pain to bears to live through the weekend.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#18 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:25 AM

I was looking for an early pop to screw the bears, and thats happened.

That's not true. You were looking for an upday to give bears some extra ordinary pain to live through the weekend. Seems like you already changed your mind.

It could be that we get another rising today, giving some extra ordinary pain to bears to live through the weekend.

The extraordinary pain isn't out of the picture yet. Don't get me wrong here NAV, my blog shows me clearly bearish.

I put up a fractal of 1946 pattern on the Qs 5 min chart. It says we're going to retrace all the way down to Qs 44, but there's a flat spot on the 1946 pattern. Whether that flat concludes next trading day or today, I have no clue. My guess was that there was enough bearishness to go flatish into next trading day. But I pretty much guessed that any morning weakness would be bought and highs would be tested.

I'm just trying to pick a point to short. The data I presented would agree with my view. Ofcourse, as Mark said, sometimes FF gets it right at the turning points.

#19 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,940 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:53 AM

There's not many times when this indicator goes down with rising prices where prices reverse before sentiment reverses.. usually price goes up then sentiment reverses.

That said, if you read my blog, there was some serious capitulation in odd-lot data last night, but not enough to wipe out the massive shorting of past few days. It could be that we get another rising today, giving some extra ordinary pain to bears to live through the weekend.

Posted Image

Acoording to QID the bullish setiment is at the peak. So, I'd sell into a "scorch" if there is one. :lol:
http://www.traders-t...showtopic=64985

Edited by redfoliage2, 12 January 2007 - 10:54 AM.

#20 BigBadBear

BigBadBear

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 12:49 PM

simpleton question, why is their so much bearish talk ?