• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 04:47 PM

But I'm staying in and have tied up my wife.

:unsure:

Need a whip and hand cuffs?? :lol:

We have these things almost every year, sometimes twice. The worst was 1967, people without for two+ weeks on the mountain, ice stayed for one of those. Some men traped off the mtn. could not get home, women could not get down or even out of their house in some cases.
Yes cabin fever is the worst as some will try to drive and find they cannot control cars.
Good luck and hope warm hits you soon. Will send you some "warming photos" :lol: the adult type. :blush:
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#12 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:56 PM

plus the commercials are long according to this:

http://www.softwaren...t/charts/HO.png

These are hedges. ALL "commericals" are hedgers by definition.
"Don't think...LOOK!"
Carl Swenlin, founder of Decision Point and original Fearless Forecasters board.

#13 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 07:16 PM

As the global warming slowly takes place, ice storms in OK will be just a fading memory :D Back in mid-90"s Chicago had a heat wave and 600 people died from the excess heat. Wonder which is worse...freeze your butt or suffer heat stroke. The alternate cooling and heating are part and parcel of nature's cycles. 10,000 years ago we had ice age with 1000 foot deep glaciers (rivers of ice) covering the mid-west. Then the heating cycle took over and melted all that ice and the great lakes were formed. And this was before man started burning oil & coal & even wood since starting fire with flint stones had to be a real b*tch.

Edited by pdx5, 15 January 2007 - 07:17 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#14 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:52 PM

I'm just hoping the moles and gophers become popcicles.

FYI :wacko: - a true Darwin Award from Germany:

BERLIN (Reuters) - A German retiree who wired up a high-voltage cable to try to wipe out the moles digging up his garden killed himself instead, police said Thursday.

Uwe Werner, police spokesman in Stralsund north of Berlin, said the 63-year-old retired construction foreman was found dead in the garden of his weekend house in Zingst next to a 380-volt cable and metal spikes rammed into the ground.

"The moles survived," Werner said, noting the voltage was enough to run a cement mixer or heavy-duty power saw. "It was in any event an unorthodox method to try to get rid of moles."

klh
best,
klh

#15 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:12 PM

The best is propane.
About 5 minutes.
Then light it.
The flames spread like lightening in all directions into the neighbor's yard. :blink:

Posted Image