• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 11:06 PM

Out walking the dog, I was chased by a neighbor who works in a boatyard, doing boat yard stuff (mechanic, etc). He just got back from a seminar put on by Investools (www.investools.com). He didn't say, but I think he spent a bucket load of money. He has never done any investing, has a few bucks in a retirement plan managed by someone who puts it in "mutual funds".

He believes the time is ripe for him to spend time every day trading the markets.

Sign of a top? Or just more unwitting fuel for the bull's fires....?

(I told him to get his money back and run like heck as far away as he could....)

mm

ps..anyone ever heard of this outfit? They sound pretty slick...
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#2 snorkels4

snorkels4

bad guy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 11:18 PM

why??, even a cave man can do it:

i hope your friend doesnt wake up on the wrong side of the rock

My Webpage

My Webpage
Andy House, Texas Man, Accidentally Drives 2006 Bugatti Veyron Into Salt Marsh

http://www.zimbio.co...Veyron Crashing

#3 raleigh

raleigh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 528 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:48 AM

Investools doing late night infomercials on getting rich trading stocks, easy if you know how but take the course usually at a nearby hotel.

#4 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:40 AM

Investools doing late night infomercials on getting rich trading stocks, easy if you know how but take the course usually at a nearby hotel.

Yeah, he spent hours in the "ballroom" (conference room) of a big chain hotel in the nearby big city. Sounds like a pretty high-tech razzle dazzle presentation, too.

mm
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#5 securelstmile

securelstmile

• Banned
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:11 PM

I tell my friends this.. Going to a conference spending $1000 to learn about the market may just teach you something but in my view it will teach you just one way of thinking. To be good at this you must have a more 3 dimensional view and this can only be developed over time by absorbing alot of information and with experience. I tell them to start really small and read a ton of books by successful traders. Most don't have a real interest in doing this which is why so many fail, eventually. Markets change you have to be a well rounded trader and have immense flexibility. Oh and BTW, I have very few takers, most people are still not interested. I usually get the comment, "Trading is just like gambling." Which I don't totaly disagree with, because for many people it is.
The harder I work, the luckier I get.