• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#11 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 02:01 AM

28% decline in home value will certainly wipe out ALL the positive equity in atleast a third of all home owners. That is because during the first third of a mortgage life span, most of your payment goes to interest and little towards principle. And very few homes are bought with more than 20% down. And since on the average home owners move every 7 years, just imagine what a negative equity will do to someone who has to sell due to job change, divorce, etc. I think it is more like atleast one rear leg of the elephant than the pimple on his [bleeep].
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#12 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,006 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:25 AM

All data will show that the housing market bottomed in December/January and is on a upswing. Housing stocks will go up, and housing bears will look like thebiggest idiots on earth.

How is that for a surprise????

Only three months later (March-April), it will be discovered that the observation is a statistical artifact, because the government statistics did not include cancellations.

[I borrowed this from someone else, but do not remember the link]

The data from National Reators Association are intentionally inaccurate. They are the housing market hypers.

Edited by redfoliage2, 16 January 2007 - 07:27 AM.