11 replies to this topic

#1 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:12 AM

from the third week of December right before Naz cratered %5

http://www.traders-t...?...c=64129&hl=

Edited by xD&Cox, 16 January 2007 - 10:16 AM.

#2 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:16 AM

What, if this week also disappoints you? Do we wait till third week of February, or do you follow some other kind of calendar (like IYB's whale-mating season :D ) ?
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#3 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:25 AM

What, if this week also disappoints you? Do we wait till third week of February, or do you follow some other kind of calendar (like IYB's whale-mating season :D ) ?

Third week of Dec, it plunged only %5 .... If it doesnt crater more than %10 this week, i will be deeply disappointed , but it will probably make me short the life out of some sectors upto my nose.

Excluding Oil trades which will be closed in a couple of days, I am only short about %150 , mostly Semis which have been in a full blooded bear market for the last 5 months ...

#4 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:32 AM

Third week of Dec, it plunged only %5 .... If it doesnt crater more than %10 this week, i will be deeply disappointed , but it will probably make me short the life out of some sectors upto my nose.

Excluding Oil trades which will be closed in a couple of days, I am only short about %150 , mostly Semis which have been in a full blooded bear market for the last 5 months ...

Getting quite special being short in this market, I tell ya.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#5 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:51 AM

Getting quite special being short in this market, I tell ya.

there are always early bears in a bull market, just like livermore says.

#6 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:52 AM

But Zen says in his blog that any pullback should be bought. He says there is so much liquidity that the market will not have any substantial correction.
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#7 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:56 AM

That is another conviction I have that it will plunge like a hot rock :lol:

#8 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 01:01 PM

My understanding is that you covered some of your QQQQs in order to buy OIH. Reported here by DC. Is that not true? IT

#9 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:39 PM

My understanding is that you covered some of your QQQQs in order to buy OIH. Reported here by DC. Is that not true?

IT

I didnt covered a single share of Qs... Didnt say anything like that. I dont know how he got that impression.
All we talked about is how to build a short position and how to manage it. I told him I stopped shorting Qs a while ago in order to balance the portfolio so the curve could be manageable.

#10 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:44 PM

My understanding is that you covered some of your QQQQs in order to buy OIH. Reported here by DC. Is that not true?

IT

I didnt covered a single share of Qs... Didnt say anything like that. I dont know how he got that impression.
All we talked about is how to build a short position and how to manage it. I told him I stopped shorting Qs a while ago in order to balance the portfolio so the curve could be manageable.

Unless I misunderstood, I think you were saying you were going to reduce your Qs exposure from 40% of portfolio to 30% of portfolio to buy OIH..

If thats not the case, then I stand corrected, but I believe that's what was said.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?