• 10,960 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:17 AM

5000 dow pts up and ur all goin nuts looking for THAT elusive top....... <_<

#2 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:23 AM

Straight up that amount is a lot to ask dude. Unless you try to trade the turns.........
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.

#3 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:26 AM

Top (in bonds) happened long time back. We are now waiting for the crash that you forecast.
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#4 traderpaul

traderpaul

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:44 AM

Chief, I am looing at the consumer electronic stocks......The reason is they are part retail and part electronic....Stocks like BBY, CC and TWTR.....BBY peaked in Oct last year, since then lower lows and lower highs.....Ditto CC.....TWTR peaked at September about $5 now buck and a half.....Can this maket goes up without them?.....I know, I know.....I worry to much.....
"Inflation is taking place now. Prices may not appear to be rising because they are making packaging smaller. "— Rickoshay

#5 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:51 AM

Chief, I am looing at the consumer electronic stocks......The reason is they are part retail and part electronic....Stocks like BBY, CC and TWTR.....BBY peaked in Oct last year, since then lower lows and lower highs.....Ditto CC.....TWTR peaked at September about $5 now buck and a half.....Can this maket goes up without them?.....I know, I know.....I worry to much.....

bby.....why in the sam hill would you be looking at a stock that has allready gone from 1 buck to 50 bux....what kind of percentage gains do you think are left........go look for growth stocks that are now 2 bux or somethin.....

#6 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:56 AM

Relax, don't do it, when you want to short to it, Relax, don't do it, when you want to short.. When you want to short...
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#7 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:59 AM

ur another one with 2 much spilkis.......:>)

#8 traderpaul

traderpaul

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 11:01 AM

Chief, I m not buying them.....They give me a read on consumer sentiment.....Much better than the fudged numbers you get from other sources.....
"Inflation is taking place now. Prices may not appear to be rising because they are making packaging smaller. "— Rickoshay

#9 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 11:03 AM

bby.....why in the sam hill would you be looking at a stock that has allready gone from 1 buck to 50 bux....what kind of percentage gains do you think are left........go look for growth stocks that are now 2 bux or somethin.....

Cheif, I bought VLNC, the stock that you used to pimp in 2005 for 3.25. Now, it is at 1.25. Should I continue to hold?

Also, I identified few stocks in 10-20 pennies range or below sent to me by some nice folks over email. Those folks said that the companies have huge growth potential, just with the same confidence as you (when you pimped VLNC). They are my good friends, aren't they?

Also, chief, why did you stop pimping VLNC? Now I have to go to all these junk-emailers for a good time.

:D :D :D

geeziz.

Edited by greenie, 16 January 2007 - 11:04 AM.

It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#10 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 11:13 AM

greenie If you do what I do, your in the same spot I am in. If it's bad, well, you followed me.