I'm surprised. I found a Bear.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:19 AM

Are you still flat, or loaded on to those long positions, now that it is a new year, and sentiment, breadth etc. are positive for a 3 of 3?

I have 3 different types of trading accounts:

Cores - these are most conservative accounts...mainly retirement.

Trading - these are the accounts in which are based on breakouts, trends and technical applications.

Speculative - this account is my fun money account in which I play with new ideas and strategies that hopefully make it to "trading" account status.

Like all Elliott wave structures, third waves can include many pauses/corrections as it travels from one point to the other (and that doesn't include when third waves unwind in a series as many equity price pattern structures have over the last 2 years). It's a matter of context and the degree of trend that confuses many. If you think you can just pick up a book and understand this methodology, think again. It is, by far, the most difficult trading technique out there because of the many human complexities that accompany it.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#12 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 09:17 AM

Thanks Fib. It is very instructive to learn, how good players play their hands. I appreciate your taking the time in explaining.
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#13 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:14 AM

Are you still flat, or loaded on to those long positions, now that it is a new year, and sentiment, breadth etc. are positive for a 3 of 3?

I have 3 different types of trading accounts:

Cores - these are most conservative accounts...mainly retirement.

Trading - these are the accounts in which are based on breakouts, trends and technical applications.

Speculative - this account is my fun money account in which I play with new ideas and strategies that hopefully make it to "trading" account status.

Like all Elliott wave structures, third waves can include many pauses/corrections as it travels from one point to the other (and that doesn't include when third waves unwind in a series as many equity price pattern structures have over the last 2 years). It's a matter of context and the degree of trend that confuses many. If you think you can just pick up a book and understand this methodology, think again. It is, by far, the most difficult trading technique out there because of the many human complexities that accompany it.

Fib

that is nice and a lot of people difvide their funds thusly, with the core account usually, but not necessarily, the largest - "core". So, now that you explained that, I really would be interested in the answer to the question originally posed - are you long, flat or short in your core account, and if long, when did you go long? Otherwise it certainly looks like you are obfuscating, and avoiding a straight answer - like so many "gurus" do...and even being a little bit condescending into the bargain.

TIA, klh
best,
klh

#14 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 11:29 AM

So, now that you explained that, I really would be interested in the answer to the question originally posed - are you long, flat or short in your core account, and if long, when did you go long?

Core position switches over the last couple of years are duly noted over at Technical Watch.

Currently, my core accounts are in cash and waiting for a new signal...long or short.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions