• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 09:35 PM

http://www.dailymoti...oo_jerome-murat

Edited by da_cheif, 16 January 2007 - 09:36 PM.

#2 U.F.O.

U.F.O.

U.F.O.

• TT Patron+
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 09:42 PM

Mirrors. U.F.O.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
~Benjamin Franklin~

#3 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 09:44 PM

He's related to Dirk Diggler. :lol:
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#4 Net

Net

• Traders-Talk User
  • 527 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:10 PM

My fearless guess: It appears the right arm and hand holding the stick is fake (during first 2/3s of the show), which allows him use of his right hand and arm to manipulate the fake head. Right before he puts the head into the box, he makes some movement in order to hide the fake arm/hand inside the head, so he can use is real hand to move and to put down the stick, making it look like it was his real hand holding the stick the entire time. Then he either puts the fake arm/hand inside the box or uses it to manuver the fake head. In any event, that's some great choreography.

#5 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:18 PM

My fearless guess:

It appears the right arm and hand holding the stick is fake (during first 2/3s of the show), which allows him use of his right hand and arm to manipulate the fake head. Right before he puts the head into the box, he makes some movement in order to hide the fake arm/hand inside the head, so he can use is real hand to move and to put down the stick, making it look like it was his real hand holding the stick the entire time. Then he either puts the fake arm/hand inside the box or uses it to manuver the fake head. In any event, that's some great choreography.

that was my guess to....but as i kept an eye on that arm and stick......it appeared to be real......

#6 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:26 PM

My fearless guess:

It appears the right arm and hand holding the stick is fake (during first 2/3s of the show), which allows him use of his right hand and arm to manipulate the fake head. Right before he puts the head into the box, he makes some movement in order to hide the fake arm/hand inside the head, so he can use is real hand to move and to put down the stick, making it look like it was his real hand holding the stick the entire time. Then he either puts the fake arm/hand inside the box or uses it to manuver the fake head. In any event, that's some great choreography.

that was my guess to....but as i kept an eye on that arm and stick......it appeared to be real......

They say the french like to make love, not war, which would support my theory that his trick is done with the aid of the 6th appendage.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#7 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:48 PM

What's to know? Its magic!
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#8 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 11:14 PM

HAh...i knew somebody would figure it out.....snort

#9 Vector

Vector

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 11:26 PM

I think it was the PPT all along! They're good! :P

Edited by Vector, 16 January 2007 - 11:27 PM.

#10 mikie007

mikie007

• Traders-Talk User
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:18 AM

WOW! Truly amazing, well choreographed and a joy to watch just as I find Cirque De Soleil. I had a guy, Marty M. whose Dad designed the Sears Tower in Chicago, working form me as speech synthesis in the early days of word recognition whose passion was being a mime. Marty was a very interesting guy and he did his mime thing in his spare time at Faneuil Hall and Cambridge. If I remember correctly, he knew Jerome Murat and spoke of him as one of his idols and being one of the most creative, practiced and perfect mimes he had ever known. I now see why he made such an impression on him. Still connecting the dots...... :rolleyes: Thank you for sharing this piece. REGARDS, Mike