For Fib.. the comic book analogy

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:02 PM

Ofcourse, I made the analogy of 1966 as renaissance of comics. And today's 2007 resurgence.

I've also posted the price pattern for 37, 66, 2006, which seem to match. Are we repeating history every 30 years or so? Possibly.

March - The first issue of the comic book Detective Comics is published in the United States. Twenty-seven issues later, Detective Comics would introduce Batman. The comic would go on to become the longest continually-published comic magazine in American history; it is still published as of 2006.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#2 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:13 PM

The debut of the Batman TV series in 1966 had a profound influence on the character. In addition to initiating the return of Alfred and the introduction of Batgirl, the show's campy nature found its way into the comics. Although both the comics and TV show were successful for a time, the camp approach eventually wore thin and the show was cancelled in 1968. In the aftermath the Batman comics themselves lost popularity once again. As Julius Schwartz noted, "When the television show was a success, I was asked to be campy, and of course when the show faded, so did the comic books."[15]

#3 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:31 PM

Jesus man......who do you think you are...Prechter??? And I thought I complicated things! :P

#4 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:46 PM

Jesus man......who do you think you are...Prechter??? And I thought I complicated things! :P

:lol:

Ok how about this as a sign of a top?

The Pursuit of Happyness (2006)

Chris Gardner is a bright and talented, but marginally employed salesman. Struggling to make ends meet, Gardner finds himself and his five-year-old son evicted from their San Francisco apartment with nowhere to go. When Gardner lands an internship at a prestigious stock brokerage firm, he and his son endure many hardships, including living in shelters, in pursuit of his dream of a better life for the two of them.
Also Known As:
Pursuit of Happiness
Untitled (Columbia/Christopher Gardner story)
Production Status: In Production/Awaiting Release
Logline: True story of a once-homeless single father, Christopher Gardner, who raised himself up to become a successful stock broker.
Genres: Drama and Biopic
Release Date: December 15th, 2006 (wide)
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for some language.
Distributors:
Sony Pictures Releasing
Production Co.:
Relativity Media, Escape Artists, Overbrook Entertainment
Studios:
Columbia Pictures
Filming Locations:
San Francisco, California, USA
Oakland, California, USA
Alameda, California, USA
Produced in: United States

Btw, reminds me of this...

Wall Street (1987)

Plot Outline: A young and impatient stockbroker is willing to do anything to get to the top, including trading on illegal inside information taken through a ruthless and greedy corporate raider whom takes the youth under his wing. (more) (view trailer)

Wall Street (1929)

I have no clue what this movie was about. But its release was timely :lol: