HOKU

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 chris

chris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 03:20 PM

The Sanyo agreement just happens to come at a 21 week double bottom with a trendline break and weekly indicators ready to surge.

Posted Image

#2 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 05:49 PM

I sold my remaining early today you? reentry before 1/23 earnings?

#3 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:19 AM

1/22 a.m. • Hoku Signs Contract for Polysilicon Reactors Market Wire (Mon 5:30am) Under the contract, Hoku will pay Graeber and MSA up to a total of approximately 21 million Euros for equipment to produce up to 2,000 metric tons of polysilicon per year. Last week Hoku announced a $370 million seven-year polysilicon supply agreement with Sanyo with shipments planned to begin in January 2009. Hoku is working with CH2M Hill Lockwood Greene to build the polysilicon plant in Pocatello, Idaho, which Hoku anticipates will cost approximately $260 million to complete, including the payments to Graeber and MSA. Hoku plans to fund the construction costs through customer pre-payments and approximately $130 million in debt capital. --------- earnings tomorrow move up to 5.95 in today's pre mkt is of interest

#4 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 04:57 AM

hiker, Have you noticed how alternative energy stocks have made the turn and bottomed? I'm studying more entries in the sector. Any favorites? cheers, john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#5 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 06:53 AM

yes, John...posted here -

solar plays are the best movers right now...the entire sector is updated here -

http://www.websiteto...post?id=1683210

#6 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 08:24 AM

hi hiker, I have been patiently accumulating alternative energy plays the last few weeks. Current holdings include ESLR, FCEL, BLDP, SOLF, XSNX, HOKU, DESC, MKTY, APV (TSXV), and powershares PBW. I see HOKU up sharply on news this morning. I'll have to devote mor time to posting on this space. cheers, john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#7 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 01:35 AM

hi John, did you sell HOKU or keep it Wed after hours, Thursday? It opened at the t/l break price in after hours on Wed and went to $8.50...I sold in AH. Analyst out Thursday citing uncertainty about debt financing for HOKU, etc so it declined on volume all day...far above the avg. volume...looks like distribution to me today. of your group you mention, I know some but not all of them...will welcome any further posts you choose to share. have a good weekend. we are headed out for some time in the mountains and maybe some sailing on a large mountain lake. S.

#8 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:57 PM

hi hiker, I kept HOKU as it was only a small position picked up at $4.40. I may add in the coming weeks. I have been picking up or adding to positions in a number of solar plays this week. The more I see here the more I like. As for FCX, blue sky potential. Major breakout and currently the lead big cap miner in the gold indices. Missed that one. :) cheers, john

#9 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:19 PM

New 52 week high and strong. cheers, john

#10 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:00 AM

Scalped the trade last week and rebought. Took profits this morning @ $10.30. Will I regret it, probably. Will look to reenter. cheers, john