Hmm Tim Ord expects Nasdaq 1900

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 11:04 PM

Go read about it in New Market Analysis.. Thats.. 4/05 low.. dang. Do you think the unnamed bull will hold his long all the way down if it does occur?
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#2 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 11:40 PM

maybe you awta ask if tim ord will hold his spx short for 140 handles if the market goes up........eh.......im not impressed with your biased posts......not impressed at all.....so who do you trust......lmazoff "Longer Term Trend monitoring purposes: Short SPX On 3/21/06 at 1297.23."..ord oracle

#3 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 11:45 PM

lets see where SPX was when Nasdaq was at 1900 in April 05....

SPX was at 1040

That sounds familar isnt it :lol:

from November 30, 2006:

There is a gap at SPX=1035 that needs to be filled

From Jan 16, 2007

The gap at SPX=1035, I placed the order there

Edited by xD&Cox, 18 January 2007 - 11:49 PM.

#4 raleigh

raleigh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 528 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 12:39 AM

Good ! Go SDS !!

#5 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:15 AM

maybe you awta ask if tim ord will hold his spx short for 140 handles if the market goes up........eh.......im not impressed with your biased posts......not impressed at all.....so who do you trust......lmazoff

"Longer Term Trend monitoring purposes: Short SPX On 3/21/06 at 1297.23."..ord oracle

Cheif, I know you went long the big contract around august 04.. and been long ever since, except for some swings on WWWs.. maybe some other times.

Tim Ord, as much as I've followed him, has traded the IT tops and bottoms for the last several years fairly well. The longer term trend monitoring purposes stuff.. thats not a real trade. He has his real trade posted on that PDF. I think he shorted around SPX 1380.

You weren't the unnamed bull I was referring to, btw :).

#6 raleigh

raleigh

• Traders-Talk User
  • 528 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:21 AM

SDS show nice W bottom, with positive MACD and TSV (time segmented volume per Worden Brothers)

#7 snorkels4

snorkels4

bad guy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 05:20 AM

last year his target was 1750 <_<
Andy House, Texas Man, Accidentally Drives 2006 Bugatti Veyron Into Salt Marsh

http://www.zimbio.co...Veyron Crashing

#8 Net

Net

• Traders-Talk User
  • 527 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 08:30 AM

Sorry for no chart... but... FWIW, I looked at the entire move in the SPX since the 2002 low, and the wave pattern that makes most sense for me is that we're in a 5th of third right now. It looks like the 3rd wave started August 2004 and is only now concluding. Looking at a retrace of the entire 3rd wave gives a target in the mid 1200s on the SPX (for which the bull move remains intact, and can rally for a retest or new highs). Using measured moves, the 1st, 3rd, and 5th waves (since the 08/04 low) are all similar in size on a log scale chart, with the 3rd just slightly larger than the first, and the 5th just slightly larger than the 3rd (again, just slightly). The way I see it, the 5th of the 3rd started last summer and is a steeper climb than the first and third waves. It doesn't look like this is a 5th of 5th from the move starting in 2002, so that implies we have the 5th (of the rally starting in 2002) yet to come, but after a correction of the 3rd on this larger time frame (i.e., into the 1200s on the SPX). That said, the bears can argue we're completing an ABC now, in a bear market that started in 2000. I will watch how the market reacts at the fib levels to see which is the higher probability, i.e., if fib support levels are not reached, I'll see this as bullish, or if punched through like a falling refrigerator, bearish.

#9 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 08:37 AM

maybe you awta ask if tim ord will hold his spx short for 140 handles if the market goes up........eh.......im not impressed with your biased posts......not impressed at all.....so who do you trust......lmazoff

"Longer Term Trend monitoring purposes: Short SPX On 3/21/06 at 1297.23."..ord oracle

Cheif, I know you went long the big contract around august 04.. and been long ever since, except for some swings on WWWs.. maybe some other times.

Tim Ord, as much as I've followed him, has traded the IT tops and bottoms for the last several years fairly well. The longer term trend monitoring purposes stuff.. thats not a real trade. He has his real trade posted on that PDF. I think he shorted around SPX 1380.

spx 1380 short....one of many since 1297...which resulted in stop outs......"not a real trade"....???...lolol..i suppose YOU are the one that gets to pick and choose eh...lol

#10 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:10 AM

spx 1380 short....one of many since 1297...which resulted in stop outs......"not a real trade"....???...lolol..i suppose YOU are the one that gets to pick and choose eh...lol

No Cheif, I've read his newsletters for a while, and he was short in may, then flipped long around june, then went flat around september/october. Then he went short around november.

I'm not sure what that 1297 is about.. I think maybe for timer's digest or something. It doesn't seem like a real trade.