• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:33 PM

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken. mm I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken. mm
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#12 securelstmile

securelstmile

• Banned
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:55 PM

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

mm

mm

I thought you were wrong once...

but I was mistaken.
The harder I work, the luckier I get.

#13 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 04:25 PM

Exactly, I think we need to be in touch with our own sentiment before we start deciding what others think. It is a tricky game. In 1999 you could have gone broke trying to fade the average player but in the end you would have been correct but the question remains would you have any money left by that time. I know you have used sentiment very well but I see it emphasized to such a degree everywhere that I question if it won't become the hook for awhile like it did in 1999. That is all I am saying.

My premise and expectation is that you'll see Bullish sentiment up there for a while before the end of this Bull market. Long enough that folks start saying, "sentiment doesn't work". But it will work just fine if you know how to use it. Just remember, tops are built and bottoms are more punctuated. The sentiment works very differently for both.

As I have said many times in my interviews, prices can go up indefinitely on rather excessive Bullish sentiment. If folks have no reason to sell, marginal new money will push things higher...that and shorts covering.

Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#14 Echo

Echo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 12:02 AM

mm

mm

Looks like twice to me :P Echo