could be a more powerful move up yet to come. :D
OTIS.

#2 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:07 PM

The material and energy sectors are now leading the rally, this is a typical terminal for an IT rally. I do not think they have a lot of room to go, the credit growth has been slowing, the market is anticipating the industrial demand picking up and driving the material and energy issues higher, however the growth is probably not that strong. I don't think there is as much liquidity as it seems at the moment --far from last year around this time--, the USD bounced much stronger too.

I still favor a chop higher into Feb, primarily led by the late bull market issues, and then a break lower...

- kisa

#3 S.I.M.O.N.

S.I.M.O.N.

SIMONForecast

• Traders-Talk User
  • 802 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:08 PM

:D http://stockcharts.c...t?obj=ID1362059

could be a more powerful move up yet to come. :D

volume in gld etf speaks volumes... :D
*previously known as pnfwave

#4 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:07 PM

The material and energy sectors are now leading the rally, this is a typical terminal for an IT rally. I do not think they have a lot of room to go, the credit growth has been slowing, the market is anticipating the industrial demand picking up and driving the material and energy issues higher, however the growth is probably not that strong. I don't think there is as much liquidity as it seems at the moment --far from last year around this time--, the USD bounced much stronger too.

I still favor a chop higher into Feb, primarily led by the late bull market issues, and then a break lower...

- kisa

I'm up nearly 5% on my oil bet. Moving the stop to break even. Cover the bet and the trading fee and then see if this thing has legs or it's just a bounce.
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~