EBAY Fraud

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 gman

gman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 176 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 01:11 AM

Crap, I guess I was lucky. :huh: I was recently out bid on a Big Bertha fusion driver. I got that second chance offer to purchase, and I did. Fortunately, I wasn't scammed because the driver arrived yesterday as described in the origional write-up. Wow. Thanks for the heads up RD.
Everything you know is wrong.
Black is white, up is down, and short is long.
And everything you thought was just so.

Important doesn't matter.

Weird Al Yankovic

#12 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,015 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:49 AM

The rule of thumb is ALWAYS double check the link. Often it's not what it says it is. Also, make a habit of going directly to ebay to check your mail or account or watch list. Don't click through the link. Sure as shootin', one morning before you're awake, you'll click through to a brilliantly designed fraudulent fake Ebay site and then you'll be in for it. Or just to a site that does drive by downloads. Mark

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#13 mmckee

mmckee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 01:53 PM

Great advice, my wife filled out an Ebay re confirm account form Ebay several months ago -- as it looked very legit.. she told me latter that day --- i contacted Ebay the confirmed fraud, cancelled acc and visa.. also had a close friend adout a year ago who didn't catch it --- all said and done had thousands purchased on his account and ID thief -- Feds got involved --- big nightmare.. great heads up ... Thanks