Beleive me guys !

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:46 PM

I don't have TT database to run statistics on, but today i think we set a record on number of posts with "Short" in the post title - There were 6 posts !. All on a day where price was attempting a breakout. Just an observation. May not mean anything :)

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:55 PM

I wish the silent bulls would speak up more..

This is as o 8pm pacific time today..

Posted Image
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#3 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:02 PM

Posted Image

That's very interesting. What does that mean ? There are many stealth bulls than the rowdy bears ? :lol:

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#4 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:04 PM

Posted Image

That's very interesting. What does that mean ? There are many stealth bulls than the rowdy bears ? :lol:

I think it means that even though there are many that posted "going short" today, the actual position poll shows that there's a lot more bulls than bears.. and heavily leveraged bulls at that too.

A lot must've flipped today.. because by yesterday's polls, it wasn't so one sided.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#5 Vector

Vector

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:22 PM

the silent bulls are just letting the bears hang... themselves :P

#6 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:25 PM

snort

#7 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:42 PM

The bulls are keeping silent so not to jinx it, there are so few bears to pay for them though, so they'd better be quick when they will have even more company in the days ahead... - kisa

#8 wyocowboy

wyocowboy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 424 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:40 AM

Being bullish is not in style. Bears always have much more convincing reasons why the market should decline. Personally, I regret being 50% cash in the last couple of days, and have been busy trying to put it back to work. Nothing is more bullish than a market hitting new highs, and today the SPX,NYA,VLE,MID all hit closing highs. For me to go short is a losing proposition; I can find no edge there and I don't think that many people do. (though many will say they do)
Good luck is with the man who doesn't include it in his plan.
- Graffitti

#9 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 02:24 AM

This market's performance without a 4% correction since the summer lows is actually something like a 15-20 yr occurence at this point. The same goes with the 10% or less corrections. The market is actually breaking the volatility records of all times. So, let me tell you, I am not trying to convince anyone to sell, but even though the short term confidence might not be there by the bears, I suspect everyone will buy the first 8% decline and its strong bounce, whether it comes here or after another 1% or 4% is the risk. I don't think the key here is whether the market has a potential to decline or whether there is too much short term bears, the question is how much long term bulls there are, and that sure seems plenty. The question is what will happen when the short term bears also turn bullish?!? I guess people have been asking this question since last September, it happened briefly in Dec, but the sentiment reversed just too rapidly... - kisa