• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 01:09 PM

to what should be a new low. Those upgrades the other day worked well for those crooks....nice escape. ;)

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$HGX&p=W&yr=3&mn=6&dy=0&i=p35086960010&a=91715896&r=7180.png

#2 jawndissedi

jawndissedi

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 01:27 PM

Well, it looks as though you may have nailed it -- spot on. And if you have, my hat's off to you -- especially since I tend to regard wave counting and head-and-shoulders finding as a form of magical thinking. Hmmm -- looks like I may have implement an attitude adjustment on these ideas. :blush:
Da nile is more than a river in Egypt.

#3 briarberry

briarberry

• Traders-Talk User
  • 214 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 02:25 PM

HBs - some of them are doing stock buy backs, may explain some of the price rise, along with short covering results are very poor as I'm sure you've all heard by now summary... D.R. Horton Inc., the second-largest U.S. homebuilder, said on Jan. 23 that its fiscal first-quarter profit fell 65 percent as spending on sales incentives increased and customers canceled orders. Beazer Homes USA Inc. reported Thursday a first-quarter loss and said it sees little proof pointing to ‘meaningful’ recovery in the nation’s housing market. Centex Corp. the fourth-largest U.S. home builder reported a $228.2 million loss. For the quarter ended Dec. 31. NVR, Inc., one of the nation’s largest homebuilding and mortgage banking companies, announced that net income decreased 39% when compared to the 2005 fourth quarter. Meritage Homes Corp.’s earnings fell in its fourth quarter as it struggled with a housing slowdown that is hurting all the major home builders. The Scottsdale-based company earned $9 million in the quarter, down 91 percent from $101.9 million in the same period in 2005. Ryland Group Inc. the biggest home builder for first-time buyers, said its fourth-quarter net income dropped to $87.2 million, from $162 million in the year-ago period. Pulte Homes cuts outlook and may post loss, earnings due to be released Jan31