• 10,787 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 06:58 PM

Posted Image

#2 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 08:13 PM

broading top... Last time I spotted one was crude oil... it was violently opposed here on TT but didnt change the end resolution... :lol:

here is an article talking about larger size broading tops...

BROADENING TOPS IN 1929, 1957, 1987, 2000 & 2006

#3 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 08:36 PM

This was posted on my blog 1-11-07.

Its not certain yet if this is a broadening top until the price goes lower than the previous low. Even then, like many TA patterns, its not one until the entire sequence is completed (ie only the pattern in hindsight).

A risk/reward scenario would've been to ASSUME that it is a broadening top, and therefore short at the time the price tagged it at the upper line (which is what I did), then continue to move stops down until price tags the lower boundary. If you missed that low risk tag of the upper line, then risk/reward gets a bit more muddled at this point.

Posted Image

Edited by dcengr, 27 January 2007 - 08:37 PM.

Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#4 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 08:50 PM

XD.... DC.... I suppose that could be the case, I first thought maybe a diamond top. In any event these are not common, they are rare, very rare. Just look back at the previous tops, they looked nothing similar, and I'm talking immediate pattern, days over week or two pattern, not a month or two. In my experience watching charts, this more often than not is a consolidation continuation pattern. I've nailed a bunch of them, this one I may get wrong.

#5 xe2dy

xe2dy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 404 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 08:54 PM

http://www.safehaven...rticle-6779.htm :D

Edited by xe2dy, 27 January 2007 - 08:56 PM.

#6 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 09:00 PM

XD.... DC.... I suppose that could be the case, I first thought maybe a diamond
top.
In any event these are not common, they are rare, very rare. Just look back at the
previous tops, they looked nothing similar, and I'm talking immediate pattern, days
over week or two pattern, not a month or two.

In my experience watching charts, this more often than not is a consolidation
continuation pattern. I've nailed a bunch of them, this one I may get wrong.

Have a plan, if it goes well, let it run. If it doesn't, hit the eject button :).

#7 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 09:11 PM

Except for a few posters, this entire board is already counting the money on the next bear market profits.

#8 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 09:20 PM

Except for a few posters, this entire board is already counting the
money on the next bear market profits.

No, position polls clearly show that bulls outnumber bears.. not to mention practically every poll (except for blogger poll) shows bulls > bears.

My guess is those posting are more bearish leaning vs the larger silent bull population.

It may seem odd, but you should look at the II poll results of the very last top in september 2000. The bull/bear ratio wasn't as high as you would expect of a bull market blow off. The bears were quite active. Only time will tell if this bull market will end that way or only with a massive blow off of bullish orgasm.

#9 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 09:38 PM

What really irritates me is that a crash can't be traded unless you are in before hand. XD makes some good calls but has been fighting this trend for over two months. I don't build positions and wait it out. When I take a position it had better be working for me within hours. I'm taking a break from the board, just too many bears posting, all I need is to follow my system and leave all this position trading stuff to others.

#10 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 07:54 AM

CLK..you asked the question....and you are getting opinions...what did you expect?

...here's my take if interested....

..can't get an hourly chart on dax but looks like an ED and either have one more slight high or it's done. For what it's worth...I'm IT bearish (6-8 weeks) and Long Term very bullish provided we don't close a week down the road below 1325 SPX.

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$DAX&p=D&yr=2&mn=7&dy=0&i=p53261287492&a=94995474&r=1382.png