"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#2 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:03 PM

....or looking to go long here ?. If so, please raise your hand :D

this market is going to crash tomorrow or at the latest wednesday. Qs are going to 20, and SPX to 850. A major depression is looming.

I am fully short in futures with max leverage :bear: :bear: :bear: :bear:
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#3 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:04 PM

I don't know why.. but this FF poll has turned more bullish of late.. and price hasn't really increased. This is as of yesterday.

Came clear out of the "bear trap" zone..

To answer your question, it would appear theres more longs.. or less shorts as of late.

Posted Image
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#4 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:10 PM

this market is going to crash tomorrow or at the latest wednesday. Qs are going to 20, and SPX to 850. A major depression is looming.

I know you truly believe in that.

But my question was, if anyone saw any reason or setup, to go long here.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#5 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:18 PM

NAV, I added back a small position, should have just took half off to start with but some new info appeared. I think the market can breakout to new highs here, something that most probably are not expecting with the topping action. The NDX looks ready to start at least a B wave towards the highs. Btw, I went back fully long in my 401K today from cash.

Edited by CLK, 29 January 2007 - 08:23 PM.

#6 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:32 PM

NAV,

I added back a small position, should have just took
half off to start with but some new info appeared.

I think the market can breakout to new highs here,
something that most probably are not expecting
with the topping action.

The NDX looks ready to start at least a B wave towards the highs.

Btw, I went back fully long in my 401K today from cash.

Just like IndexTrader pointed out at the bottom, the inverse H&S
are back in place again, we might get alot higher prices in the event
of a breakout.

#7 Gary Smith

Gary Smith

• Traders-Talk User
  • 887 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:50 PM

Tuffy88 among a few others here are always long in bull markets. I've added to existing positions in office REITs, select tech, and telecom the past three trading days. My worry, and it's a big worry, are rising interest because I believe the economy is hotter than many believe. If rates keep rising the whole merger and acquisitions game could come to a screeching halt as junk bonds and bank loan debts used to fund takeovers could get socked with hedge fund blowups becoming front page financial news. In the meantime I will trade like a bull and think like a bear which is pretty much what I do all the time anyway.

Edited by Gary Smith, 29 January 2007 - 08:51 PM.

#8 kc135a

kc135a

• Traders-Talk User
  • 501 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:39 PM

Feeling lonely? Me too.

100% long the SPY in the trading account looking for the "last" blast up but I am not married to the position.

The retirement account is 75% cash and 25% long and looking to close that position.

60 minute charts drive my trades. I am considering a broadening top pattern, oversold technicals, and some older and current fractal patterns as justification for the long. For certain, it will be very obvious tomorrow if the pattern and fractals are not working. If the longs do work, I would expect a top at the end of the week into early the following week.

KC

#9 tuffy88

tuffy88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 797 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:03 PM

As Gary said I remain long until the market turns down. Have been long since mid August. Don't know when that turn down will be. 3 distribution days in the S&P500 now. Will take 2 more within 4 weeks to signal a downturn. It will happen, but I for one have no idea when. My son & his wife gave us a Christmas present of a 9 day cruise leaving Miami Friday morning, so I may be calling my son ship to shore to exit my position sometime before Febuary 11th. Would rather do it that way than log into my account from an internet cafe in the Southern Carribean. Will just have to wait and see what happens. Charles

#10 Frac_Man

Frac_Man

Hank Wernicki M.A.

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:34 PM

me

which ones are you looking at ?

Hank

thanks

just curious

Feeling lonely? Me too.

100% long the SPY in the trading account looking for the "last" blast up but I am not married to the position.

The retirement account is 75% cash and 25% long and looking to close that position.

60 minute charts drive my trades. I am considering a broadening top pattern, oversold technicals, and some older and current fractal patterns as justification for the long. For certain, it will be very obvious tomorrow if the pattern and fractals are not working. If the longs do work, I would expect a top at the end of the week into early the following week.

KC