Anyone long here ?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:47 PM

As Gary said I remain long until the market turns down. Have been long since mid August. Don't know when that turn down will be. 3 distribution days in the S&P500 now. Will take 2 more within 4 weeks to signal a downturn. It will happen, but I for one have no idea when. My son & his wife gave us a Christmas present of a 9 day cruise leaving Miami Friday morning, so I may be calling my son ship to shore to exit my position sometime before Febuary 11th. Would rather do it that way than log into my account from an internet cafe in the Southern Carribean. Will just have to wait and see what happens.

Charles

Charles, your method is boring. I am surprised you make any money :D :D

Have fun cruising !! Will look forward to your posts,
G.
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#12 esther231

esther231

• TT Member+
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 11:36 PM

Scared as all get out but I'm trading long right now. Based alot on EOM strength and support holding.
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

#13 kc135a

kc135a

• Traders-Talk User
  • 501 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 12:23 AM

which ones are you looking at ?

Hank

thanks

just curious

....or looking to go long here ?. If so, please raise your hand :D

Feeling lonely? Me too.

100% long the SPY in the trading account looking for the "last" blast up but I am not married to the position.

The retirement account is 75% cash and 25% long and looking to close that position.

60 minute charts drive my trades. I am considering a broadening top pattern, oversold technicals, and some older and current fractal patterns as justification for the long. For certain, it will be very obvious tomorrow if the pattern and fractals are not working. If the longs do work, I would expect a top at the end of the week into early the following week.

KC

Hi Hank

Pull up a 5 minute SPX and look just after the open from 1/26 through today. Then, pull up a 60 minute chart and look at about 11/8-11/28. If it plays out, tomorrow should match today's high followed by a stiff and fast pull back into the close and then a run back up to 1440 area this week after the Fed.

Today's low in the 1418's must not be violated. If so the fractal is a bust.

KC

#14 kc135a

kc135a

• Traders-Talk User
  • 501 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 12:55 AM

Hi Hank

Pull up a 5 minute SPX and look just after the open from 1/26 through today. Then, pull up a 60 minute chart and look at about 11/8-11/28. If it plays out, tomorrow should match today's high followed by a stiff and fast pull back into the close and then a run back up to 1440 area this week after the Fed.

Today's low in the 1418's must not be violated. If so the fractal is a bust.

KC

Here's the charts.

This is the child in pink on a current 5 minute chart

Posted Image

On the below 60 minute chart, the pink parent in the left hand corner leading to the blue mapping to the pink child (expanded above) in the top right corner leading (hopefully) to the blue projection near the 1440 area.

Posted Image

KC

Bet you recognize the chart styles. Who else do you know uses a black background!

#15 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:04 AM

25% long in SPX with rest flat. Will abandon ship if SPX sinks near 1405. I don't think the market can crash with earnings coming in with modest surprises to the upside on the average. Overall it will be 10%+ YOY increase in SPX earnings for the 4th quarter 2006.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#16 Echo

Echo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:41 AM

I'm long SPY and MDY and added to MDY today. MID looks particularly strong at the moment and has nice potential on its McClellan breadth and volume osc and summation charts. On interpertation before getting too bearish is that the false start breakout on indu, spx, oex occurred as the market was still trying to get in sync. Note the relative strength the last 2 days in the laggard RUT, SML, nasdaq. Not to say the rally can't fail here, but at least an upside breakout now will be in better harmony and sync. The 2.5 wk cycle low should be just about behind us and again showed some spread as did the 10 wk earlier in the month. Echo

#17 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:24 AM

....or looking to go long here ?. If so, please raise your hand :D

still long nav. upside cyclic price projections posted recently (last couple of wks) still valid.
airedale

Outspeaks the Squire, "Give room, I pray,
And hie the terriers in;
The warriors of the fight are they,
And every fight they win".

Ring-Ouzel, England

#18 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 11:58 AM

Thanks for all your responses guys. Good trading all !

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV