• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 U.F.O.

U.F.O.

U.F.O.

• TT Patron+
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:14 PM

It was suggested last night that my call to get long was somehow in error because I didn't have a "system", whatever that means. That I needed a "map", likewise, whatever that means. There was no response to my question as to whether or not the questioner was actually selling said maps.

http://www.traders-t...showtopic=65748

Regardless, I stand by my "mapless" prognostication of higher equity prices. (5 charts)

U.F.O.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
~Benjamin Franklin~

#2 Frac_Man

Frac_Man

Hank Wernicki M.A.

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:20 PM

No offense intended with that remark. What I meant to say is that technical analysis is open
to a wide range of views. One needs to narrow the process down and not follow the crowd with
the TA approach since Everyone is using it .....

Regards

Hank

It was suggested last night that my call to get long was somehow in error because I didn't have a "system", whatever that means. That I needed a "map", likewise, whatever that means. There was no response to my question as to whether or not the questioner was actually selling said maps.

Regardless, I stand by my "mapless" prognostication of higher equity prices. (5 charts)

U.F.O.

#3 Frac_Man

Frac_Man

Hank Wernicki M.A.

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:32 PM

Just again just being helpful and sharing, I do post my charts here for everyone ............ free

I just didn't see the long call on the charts, my mistake .....

Hank

U.F.O.

#4 U.F.O.

U.F.O.

U.F.O.

• TT Patron+
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:36 PM

"No offense intended with that remark. What I meant to say is that technical analysis is open
to a wide range of views. One needs to narrow the process down and not follow the crowd with
the TA approach since Everyone is using it"

What crowd was I following with my charting last night? Are you saying that anyone who uses any TA tool other that fractal analysis is inferior in some respect? Because standard TA is subject to "a wide range of views", what any two traders see in the same charts can be "drastically", directionally, opposite. I'm not trying to hammer you Frac_Man, but your response to my post last night and the explanation posted above seem somewhat denigrating. If I'm wrong, please show me why.

U.F.O.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
~Benjamin Franklin~

#5 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:42 PM

Buenas Noches, UFO. Nice stuff.

Hank, nuce stuff too. Some of us are sailors and only need charts. :)

Posted Image

#6 Frac_Man

Frac_Man

Hank Wernicki M.A.

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:49 PM

I apologize ....... enjoy the peace token

Happy Trading

Hank

"No offense intended with that remark. What I meant to say is that technical analysis is open
the TA approach since Everyone is using it"

What crowd was I following with my charting last night? Are you saying that anyone who uses any TA tool other that fractal analysis is inferior in some respect? Because standard TA is subject to "a wide range of views", what any two traders see in the same charts can be "drastically", directionally, opposite. I'm not trying to hammer you Frac_Man, but your response to my post last night and the explanation posted above seem somewhat denigrating. If I'm wrong, please show me why.

U.F.O.

#7 U.F.O.

U.F.O.

U.F.O.

• TT Patron+
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:51 PM

Back atcha, and thanks for the e-mail. We're on the same page. Best! U.F.O.
~Benjamin Franklin~

#8 U.F.O.

U.F.O.

U.F.O.

• TT Patron+
  • 5,605 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:03 PM

Back to business. Those charts I posted above are some of the fastest of the standard TA toolbox. Others, like MACD and CCI, have yet to offer a buy signal on the dailies. The net result is that many who follow the slower indicators are either still short or flat the market at this time. How to play here? If you're already long, stay long. Any pullback here needs to be bought. Short at your risk. U.F.O.
~Benjamin Franklin~

#9 TradeMark

TradeMark

• Traders-Talk User
  • 809 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:04 AM

UFO Congratulations on your call last night. I really like your recent posts that not only show the charts, but state the "bottom line." Seemed real clear to me that you thought the long side was the place to be. Besides, without the words, I could never figure out how to read that kinko indicater :) :) Thanks and keep up the good work TM

#10 bobalou

bobalou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:13 AM

I see your in grate form