Funny

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:41 PM

Whenever NDX touched that top line we get bull market 101 from Slamma Jamma Team (SJT) right before market dumps on them the very next day, but what is funnier is that NDX is today almost where it was a year ago...

Meanwhile we have major proxies like AMD, DELL and many others mostly in Semis and Tech that are in full blooded bear market. And of course there are stocks in the same group that enjoyed big gains simultaneously.

So I ask: If you did not invest selectively or if you didn't trade during this period of time, on the bull or bear side doesn't matter, what good do you think comes from being a perma bull or bear. Because it is not only you gained nothing you lost the most valuable commodity: "Time".

Posted Image

Edited by xD&Cox, 01 February 2007 - 12:48 PM.

#2 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:45 PM

No XD, you're WRONG. As Youmast pointed out the other day, inflation and loss in value of dollar has degraded the value of the gains :lol: So, its actually worse than you paint ;)
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#3 Vector

Vector

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:46 PM

thanks for the sage advice, I'll remember that as I'm laughing all the way to the bank for not having churned my account into parking meter change and for not letting micro-timing blind me from my wealth building macro-strategy. Its easy to take the hard road and hard to take the easy road. PHT still at it I guess. Pocket Book Penance lives on.

Edited by Vector, 01 February 2007 - 12:51 PM.

#4 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:52 PM

Hey Vector, post a trade every now again in order for people to take you seriously. I can claim, for example, that I am long from 1974 bottom. Look how smart I am. Da-chiefs 1095 is nothing compared to me now. What good does it do? And if your answer is "I don't trade", then what the hell are you doing at the TRADING board? Denleo

#5 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:58 PM

Hey Vector, post a trade every now again in order for people to take you seriously.

I can claim, for example, that I am long from 1974 bottom. Look how smart I am. Da-chiefs 1095 is nothing compared to me now. What good does it do? And if your answer is "I don't trade", then what the hell are you doing at the TRADING board?

Denleo

I just took him off ignore.. I can't miss stuff like "Slamma Jamma" :lol:
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#6 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 01:04 PM

Hey Vector, post a trade every now again in order for people to take you seriously.

Dennis, Please stop making those unreasonable requests !!! Slamma Jamma is already helping by just being present among us.

Edited by greenie, 01 February 2007 - 01:05 PM.

It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#7 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 01:14 PM

what a bunch of silly posts. as if the remarks of anyone poster, no matter the stance, has any bearing on market direction.
airedale

Outspeaks the Squire, "Give room, I pray,
And hie the terriers in;
The warriors of the fight are they,
And every fight they win".

Ring-Ouzel, England

#8 IndexTrader

IndexTrader

• TT Patron+
  • 7,694 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 01:17 PM

You can get Vector's "sample" portfolio by clicking on the footer of his post. IT

#9 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 01:37 PM

what a bunch of silly posts. as if the remarks of anyone poster, no matter the stance, has any bearing on market direction.

Trading is not just about knowing where the market goes... It takes much more than that.

In my early I met traders who were mostly right about the market went broke ....and I knew some others who made money regardless of their opinion.

So I wonder why you get touchy when being perma-something is discussed. Looks like your comment is not only a preemptive auto-defense , it also shows how amateur you are for thinking that it is just a black and white.

Edited by xD&Cox, 01 February 2007 - 01:40 PM.

#10 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 01:45 PM

Index, are you still holding shorts with wide stop? What are your thoughts here? Thanks Denleo