• 10,960 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:44 PM

gettin closer....... :rolleyes:

#2 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:53 PM

You may have answered this question before Don, but why 1473? Is it a Fib ratio of some kind? TIA Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#3 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:57 PM

I think in Da_chief's case, it could be any number as long as it is higher than current price. Denleo

#4 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:00 PM

You may have answered this question before Don, but why 1473? Is it a Fib ratio of some kind?

TIA
Fib

87.5 retrace......off the ath.......a stall or reaction then above that the next fib target is the 88.7 at 1483......the reason its been slow goin is that because the 75 and 78.6 fibs havent produced any reactions of substance so thats why the periodic stalls.....things will or shud heat up dramaticly above the 88.7 retrace.....then of course the ath will no doubt produce a reaction........then of course once thats out of the way........WATCH THE SKY......snort

I think in Da_chief's case, it could be any number as long as it is higher than current price.

Denleo

thanks for the kind words......i hope i have been able to give you the kind of guidance that has produced a huge gain in your portfolio over these last 5000 dow pts.......my regards to u n urs.....

Edited by da_cheif, 01 February 2007 - 04:02 PM.

#5 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:04 PM

what happened to 1380 ...

#6 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:07 PM

87.5 retrace......off the ath.......a stall or reaction then above that the next fib target is the 88.7 at 1483......the reason its been slow goin is that because the 75 and 78.6 fibs havent produced any reactions of substance so thats why the periodic stalls.....things will or shud heat up dramaticly above the 88.7 retrace.....then of course the ath will no doubt produce a reaction........then of course once thats out of the way........WATCH THE SKY......snort

Gotcha, thanks.

After today's positive breadth plurality, it's more than likely that the SPX breadth and volume MCO's will give the "all clear" for a challenge of the all time highs for this specific advancing price sequence...maybe more.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#7 denleo

denleo

• Chartist
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:29 PM

Regarding breadth: According to sentimentrader, there were only two times when NYSE breadth was over 2:1 three days in a row. In both cases S&P lost 3% over next few days. All time highs are guaranteed, but a little detour is likely. Denleo

#8 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:33 PM

Regarding breadth:

According to sentimentrader, there were only two times when NYSE breadth was over 2:1 three days in a row. In both cases S&P lost 3% over next few days.

All time highs are guaranteed, but a little detour is likely.

Denleo

It reminds me IYBs internal top spotter.... He had observed 11 consecutive very low trin readings in 2004 which marked the top for 6 or more months...

#9 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:54 PM

Its not a simple matter of getting the sheeple to load up. Its getting them to load up and HOLD. I've been saying for a few days this action was getting people rather emotional.. maybe angry. If it goes down next time, da sheeple will hold. I feel pretty good about it. Btw, the signature of this will be indices going down on LOW volume. Yes, thats right, low volume. Lately, volume has been pretty high every time it went down. That means they're coughing up. Soon, volume will be low as it goes down as they hold onto losing positions.

Edited by dcengr, 01 February 2007 - 04:55 PM.

Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#10 Frac_Man

Frac_Man

Hank Wernicki M.A.

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:55 PM

1480 ....

but I'll take 1473 too

gettin closer....... :rolleyes: