Quillian & Taylor

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:06 AM

I don't think it needs to be so complicated.

Growth results from hard work. A mom and pop grocery can grow into a supermarket chain.

The corner five and dime can grow in an international chain found in shopping malls around the world.

People are born. Medicine advances. People live longer. They need food, shelter and goods. And "stuff".

The freer people are the more likely they are to get access to that stuff.

Competition among free people leads to innovation and more progress. More growth, more prosperity, more stuff.

Pretty simple from where I sit.

Smart, or just moderately smart, but patient, investors can piggyback on that growth through prudent investing.

Traders, on the other hand, better be fully aware that they are playing a very different game - a zero-sum game, in which there is a winner and a loser. Good traders know this, and could care less about macro economics, world politics, or whether people are saving enough money or buying too many flat screen TVs.

When, as a technical trader, I go long using Vehicle X based on certain trading rules and exit 2 points later, what does that have to do with "corrupt democracy"? Its a squiggle on a chart and a button on a computer and the fortitude to stick to a pre-defined trading plan.

The inabililty to separate "trading" from "investing" is a fatal mistake.

Just a few late night ramblings....

mm

Not "rambling"......just very intelligent thought...... ;)