• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:27 PM

:angry: BEING SENT WIDELY BY INTERNET SPAMERS :angry: CLICK TO INLARGE [attachment=5261:attachment]

Edited by mss, 02 February 2007 - 03:28 PM.

WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#2 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:38 PM

What's the scam??...I've got "click to enlarge" tattooed on my....well....you know....my weenie. ..... :P :P :P :P

#3 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 03:44 PM

What's the scam??...I've got "click to enlarge" tattooed on my....well....you know....my weenie.

..... :P :P :P :P

and the 4 tongues are yours? :lol:
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.

#4 TTHQ Staff

TTHQ Staff

www.TTHQ.com

• Admin
  • 8,597 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 04:45 PM

The scam is that the BOA isn't sending the email. It's a phishing scam where some evil bastage tries to get you to log in to THEIR site (which looks exactly like the BOA site, but it's not) and they can record your keystokes so they can access your REAL account and divert all the money in it to THRIR account in Uganda. Always check the actual website addresses of ANY links you get in your email.

#5 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 04:54 PM

I knew that....I was just trying to be unsuccessfully funny

#6 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 05:15 PM

everyone send me your bank account numbers and social security numbers as well as your on-line log ins and user names and I'll protect you! :D Never give anyone any information at all if you did not initiate the exchange.
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#7 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 06:01 PM

I think the funniest thing about it is that you're past due on .95!! Believe me, for .95, you can take me to court if you wish to as there wouldn't be a collection agency on the planet that would take the paper. Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#8 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 06:21 PM

:angry:

Always check the actual website addresses of ANY links you get in your email.

These kinds of requests are NEVER sent by legit companies/banks/paypal/e-bay/amazon/etc.etc.etc. -- via e-mail...period.

Especially those that you do not do business with :unsure: .

IMO, forward them to the phishing e-mail address for the company -- OR, at least -- just ignore them ALL!!!!!

Now, giving your bank account info to any of those nice persecuted people from Nigeria who have a few hundred million to get out of the country -- that's something you should really follow up on. :D

Edited by *JB*, 02 February 2007 - 06:22 PM.

"Don't think...LOOK!"
Carl Swenlin, founder of Decision Point and original Fearless Forecasters board.

#9 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 06:47 PM

I think the funniest thing about it is that you're past due on .95!!

:blink: No, the funniest is ----- I don't do business with BOA, now or ever. :P
:cat:

#10 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 06:52 PM

The scam is Bank of America.
I tried to close an account and the manager told me they couldn't give me the money till next week.
LIKE HELL!

Then they had that guy arrested trying to sell his bike on Craigslist after telling him the Cashiers check he was given by the purchaser was a legit check.
He spent thousands of dollars in legal expenses getting his name cleared.
But BOA could not care less. It was not their problem.
They are too darn big for their britches.

And then there was the last time they lied to me about their FAKE VISA debit card...
That's another story but it was the LAST TIME they would get a chance to lie to me!

By now, you've probably heard the story of the San Francisco man who was arrested and jailed when he tried to verify the validity of a check at Bank of America branch. Clark found out about this story recently and today talked with the man, Matthew Shinnick, who spent about $14,000 in legal fees to clear his name. It all started when Shinnick posted two bicycles for sale on Cragislist and received a check from a man for more than the cost of the bicycles. He went into a BOA branch to see if the check was legitimate and verify that there was money in the person's account. The check was drawn on a BOA account. The teller told him it was a valid account, so he cashed the check. At that point, BOA employees called police and Shinnick was arrested on fraud charges because the check was actually fraudulent. Matthew had no idea that the real criminal had used the name of a legitimate company to fake a check. So, Matthew sat in the bank branch for hours while police figured out what to do with him. Then, they took him to jail where he spent the night. Once he got out and a judge let him go, he had to clear his name legally so the arrest would not come back to haunt him. He had to hire attorneys to do this and it cost him nearly $14,000. He then went to Bank of America and asked that the bank cover his fees because it was the bank's error. But BOA turned him down. This kind of treatment sends the message that banks only care about their bottom line, not about their customers. It's unacceptable and Clark thinks it's time to fight back.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 02 February 2007 - 06:58 PM.