• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#11 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 08:55 PM

I have a feeling you would have bought it at the same time

Nope, the volume pattern was inconsistent, so it would had more than likely failed....and it did.

Take a closer look at mid September period of AMD.. That is where I shorted it... I bet you would have bought it with both fists as it was above all major MAs with 20 and 50 were rising and 200 was flat...

You're betting with the wrong person...I stay away from issues that go against the flow of money. AMD has been in a downtrend since the beginning of 2006 which made it a good pick for a short under the right circumstances.

Anyway, I wasn't debating your trades xD, they were good ones, I was only addressing your arrogance.

And as far as my so called ego is concerned, you know me better than that. I only state facts that are apparent to everyone and anyone who desire to see them through all of the market pollution out there. No excuses, no spin, no conspiracies, just good old fashioned analysis without any bias except to exploit as much money as I can from the markets the easiest way I can.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#12 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 12:30 AM

I'm just getting some popcorn and reading this stuff. As much as people will deny it, there's certainly a lot of ego flying around here. I'm ducking before I get smacked. This is more exciting than reading the tape (beyond the fact the tape is off). But before people get TOO exciting, please keep things in context.. There will be people who CLAIM to be experts, show all kinds of this or that studies etc etc. But there are people who make a living doing it. Some have made fabulous amounts of money and do nothing but manage money for others. Some who do so shouldn't, and end up losing it. Some who claim to be great could still be joe janitors making 50% returns on their $5000 account (which is not so great). In this game, its always.... BUYER BEWARE. Unless you're Paul Tudor Jones.. or George Soros.. or any of the greats, please please.. keep your ego in your pants. You may have made good calls, you may had great returns.. but you're not even worth $10M. And in this game, $10M is at the bottom of the barrel. Now if you've made $10M in this market, please take a bow and take some recognition. Otherwise, realize that you may look like a big fish in a pond fulla guppies, but out in the big ocean.. you're no whale.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?