• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 10:13 PM

"...I'll conclude by theorizing that a good percentage of the seven million "services" jobs added over the past five years owe much of their existence to rampant Credit and asset inflation. They're (seductively and dangerously) Bubble Manifestations similar to the tech employment boom that proved so susceptible and disruptive. And, clearly, accelerating Income Growth is at this point very much a Credit Bubble phenomenon. For now, these dynamics ensure extraordinary uncertainty. Yet we should expect the eventual bursting of this Bubble to initiate job and Income losses that will make post-tech Bubble dislocations look inconsequential by comparison." Doug Noland The Credit Bubble Bulletin Is this guy pessimistic or what ?
OTIS.

#2 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 10:15 PM

What's he talking about? Loan originators, credit card companies, home construction jobs, retail?
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#3 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 11:36 PM

"...I'll conclude by theorizing that a good percentage of the seven million "services" jobs added over the past five years owe much of their existence to rampant Credit and asset inflation. They're (seductively and dangerously) Bubble Manifestations similar to the tech employment boom that proved so susceptible and disruptive. And, clearly, accelerating Income Growth is at this point very much a Credit Bubble phenomenon. For now, these dynamics ensure extraordinary uncertainty. Yet we should expect the eventual bursting of this Bubble to initiate job and Income losses that will make post-tech Bubble dislocations look inconsequential by comparison."

Theory? No proof? What was it Ronald Reagan said? Oh yea...

"An economist is someone who sees something happen, and then wonders if it would work in theory".

Nuff said.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#4 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 12:54 AM

I love science and engineering. Its much easier to prove when someone's right or wrong. General consensus usually aren't faded, for example. You're going to find a dime a dozen opinions on the market any nano second. They'll be given by PhD economists to billion dollar money managers to shoe shine boys to whatever. And.. generally, they'll only give you one thing: its going up or down. Find me someone who can consistantly nail a value by a certain time, and I will show you a genius.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?