IEO Rolling Over?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 09:36 PM

Taking a look at the trading I'm doing based on my own work..... I'm losing faith in that IEO positon and have decided to squeeze the stop in tight. In at 46.22 and stop now at 49.00. A 6% gain. I'll lose a little bit to trading fees but not much, less than 1/4 percent. Of course, as some have pointed out it's not as liquid as some ETF's so may be prone to gap through my stops and give me less. This could have significant upside left but I'm concerned about a correction here and decided to grab all the profit I can. It's still got a tiny bit of breathing room so I might hang on. I'm not seeing my ideal selling setup but it's close enough that I'm going to let greed take control and take away all I can here. My first good trade of the year. I based it on some different tools I'm working on as a way of looking at various valuations. The other trade I made this year was on commodites and it came out flat. I lost one dollar to the trading fee. :P
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#2 vitaminm

vitaminm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 09:57 PM

IEO / still in green zone

http://finance.yahoo...bc&am...0&a=&c=
vitaminm

#3 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 12:43 AM

I have a strong feeling it will roll over but this arctic cold in New York must be giving traders very bullish thoughts every morning. So I started checking whether channel more than Bloomberg as I am short BHI big time.

Taking a look at the trading I'm doing based on my own work.....

I'm losing faith in that IEO positon and have decided to squeeze the stop in tight. In at 46.22 and stop now at 49.00. A 6% gain. I'll lose a little bit to trading fees but not much, less than 1/4 percent. Of course, as some have pointed out it's not as liquid as some ETF's so may be prone to gap through my stops and give me less.

This could have significant upside left but I'm concerned about a correction here and decided to grab all the profit I can. It's still got a tiny bit of breathing room so I might hang on.

I'm not seeing my ideal selling setup but it's close enough that I'm going to let greed take control and take away all I can here.

My first good trade of the year. I based it on some different tools I'm working on as a way of looking at various valuations.

The other trade I made this year was on commodites and it came out flat. I lost one dollar to the trading fee. :P

#4 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 10:59 AM

I was taken out at 49. A hair over 6%. I'll take it. I was thinking the same thing about the cold blast to the east coast, that it might provide some upward pressure, but I'm not seeing that in my indicators so I squeezed the stop and now I'm out. So now I have to look around and see what looks good out there.

Edited by Sentient Being, 06 February 2007 - 10:59 AM.

In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~