Posted 06 February 2007 - 10:04 AM

there is no risk on the short side anymore

#2 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 10:06 AM

Someone on another board reminded me of this chart I've had buried for awhile.... I guess the jaws start closing when it's hungry. :P

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$VIX&p=M&st=1997-01-01&i=p85992598941&a=78533567&r=7341.png

#3 Net

Net

• Traders-Talk User
  • 527 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 12:38 PM

Someone on another board reminded me of this chart I've had buried for awhile.... I guess the jaws start closing when it's hungry. :P

Charting with a sense of humor... I like that.

Well, charts are visual... and the visual this gives me (with your analogy)... looks like the jaws of a Tyrannosaurus rex.

#4 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 04:36 PM

Emotions.. are running high. And prices have gone NOWHERE the last 3 days.. Actually, prices haven't gone much the last few months. The way I see it, with emotions this high, its telling me that everyone is fully vested in one direction or another, both bears and bulls. Something wicked this way comes.. I just hope I picked the right side.
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#5 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 04:44 PM

It has nothing to do with emotions or anything.... I neither have time to ******** chart for no good nor do I want to deal with this kind of harassments. That is all.

Edited by xD&Cox, 06 February 2007 - 04:47 PM.

#6 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 04:52 PM

You know, I've been watching the markets for well over 20 years, so I consider myself reasonably "attuned". This current market is giving off a lot of mixed signals, and has been giving "less than desirable" signals for many years. Without getting into a long-winded explanation of why I think that is so, suffice it to say, that it is no surprise that opinions are mixed. But if one has a trading plan and discipline, then emotion, especially hurtful or resentful, emotions should take no part in the discussion. If I were "loaded up" one way or the other right now, I can tell you I'd be a nervous wreck. I'd be sleeping poorly, snappy with friends and family, etc. And if I felt myself "testy" hopefully that would help me in my assessment of my trading plan. So, those of us who read the posts should not be bashing those whose postions we disagree with. And those of us who are making money shouldn't be bragging and those who are struggling should be able to read posts and learn. We are all here for the same purpose. To share trading ideas and learn. Let's let it happen. mm
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#7 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 05:09 PM

You know, I've been watching the markets for well over 20 years, so I consider myself reasonably "attuned". This current market is giving off a lot of mixed signals, and has been giving "less than desirable" signals for many years. Without getting into a long-winded explanation of why I think that is so, suffice it to say, that it is no surprise that opinions are mixed.

But if one has a trading plan and discipline, then emotion, especially hurtful or resentful, emotions should take no part in the discussion.

If I were "loaded up" one way or the other right now, I can tell you I'd be a nervous wreck. I'd be sleeping poorly, snappy with friends and family, etc. And if I felt myself "testy" hopefully that would help me in my assessment of my trading plan.

So, those of us who read the posts should not be bashing those whose postions we disagree with. And those of us who are making money shouldn't be bragging and those who are struggling should be able to read posts and learn.

We are all here for the same purpose. To share trading ideas and learn. Let's let it happen.

mm

That was beautiful. Exactly. I suggest some of those that are going "out of their way to push buttons" take a day off from the board.. or those under pressure do the same too.

I can guarantee you that people will be friendly again when they're on the same side of the trade later on ;)
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?