• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#11 Gary Smith

Gary Smith

• Traders-Talk User
  • 887 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 07:54 PM

http://www.marketwat...n...amp;x=8&y=8

Let's look at the facts here, please! Note carefully how his flagship Strategic Growth Fund compares to its fund peer group average over the past one, three, and five years.

Sorry, too late to edit my previous post. In the spirit of fair play I should note his cumulative and annualized return since inception is very good. It appears this is a fund for a bear market in that in where he vastly outperformed and not a bull market where he vastly underperformed. So a little for both pro and anti- Hussman fans.

#12 novice

novice

• Traders-Talk User
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 08:04 PM

Dr. Hussman has made a ton of money for his fund holders and
for himself in the process. This guy is impressing me more every
time I read his work.

Three quarters of his investors joined the fund after 2003 and received a meager return on their money.

#13 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 08:10 PM

:lol: :lol:

But cheif, to put things in perspective... he makes far more $ than you and doesn't have to pimp himself out to a call line :lol:

Isn't there an old saying like "you can always be right on wallstreet, but if you're not making any real money, you're a loser".

time I read his work.

'Dr. Hussman has made a ton of money for his fund holders and
for himself in the process."

oH REALLY....LOL

hussman is a professional tape fiter.....lol.........thinks fundamentals are a leading indicator for the stock market....lmao...

I have a problem with the claims Hussman makes about returns of his fund.
My own account open in January of 2004 shows now a 10% cumulative return, not 15%+ as he claimed.
So, his average return since inception is also a suspect.
His main criteria of market condition is P/E ratio, and, therefore, we automatically in a bear market which should be hedged. In 2000-2002 period we indeed had a bear market, but he continues to be bearish since.
So, his fund become a typical bear fund that makes money on market declines.

After losing his [bleeep] in the 90.s he started over in 2000........lmao...

time I read his work.

I agree. He's very disciplined and has the ability to calculate probabilities scientifically. His prior essay on Bayes' rule was especially interesting.

If you're interested in quantitative analysis check out Jeremy Grantham's "Letters to the Investment Committee" at gmo.com. For my money, he's the best "quant" in the business -- and he has a 28-year track record to prove it. Like Hussman, he failed to meet most of his benchmarks last year, and he's now predicting a 10% gain as the most likely outcome for 2007. But he also acknowledges a 15% possibility of a major setback this year -- and increases that risk for each of the successive three years. He also writes with genuine grace and humor -- a welcome alternative the grunting, snorting and pidgin' prose that we get so much of here.

"He also writes with genuine grace and humor "....lol......an articulate incompetent......sucks em in every time........like mussolini n hitler.........snort snort

""he makes far more $ than you and doesn't have to pimp himself out to a call line"

[I just avoided being on moderation]......AND U KNOW ******** about what i make .....besides.......If hussman was so rich.....wtf is he doin having everybody pimp his ********....he.s a proffesor....a teacher eh......those who teach .....CANT DO.....timing is absolutely everything.....timer digest tracks hussman.....do ur DD....i have respest for only the smallest few in this business because i took the time to examine their credentials..........

Edited by da_cheif, 06 February 2007 - 08:09 PM.

#14 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 08:12 PM

"he makes far more $ than you and doesn't have to pimp himself out to a call line"

[I just avoided being on moderation]......AND U KNOW ******** about what i make .....besides.......If hussman was so rich.....wtf is he doin having everybody pimp his ********....he.s a proffesor....a teacher eh......those who teach .....CANT DO.....timing is absolutely everything.....timer digest tracks hussman.....do ur DD....i have respest for only the smallest few in this business because i took the time to examine their credentials..........

So are you claiming that you make more $ than hussman? Let's be honest here if you're going to bash a man.

He is a fund manager, and whether he's got lousy performance or not, he gets a cut of the amount his fund manages. We can probably calculate what he makes, and its likely well into the mid 6 figures (just a guess on my part).

If you're making mid 6 figures a year, why I'd tip my hat off to you cheif. :rolleyes:
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#15 jawndissedi

jawndissedi

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 08:17 PM

"he makes far more $ than you and doesn't have to pimp himself out to a call line"

So are you claiming that you make more $ than hussman? Let's be honest here if you're going to bash a man.

He is a fund manager, and whether he's got lousy performance or not, he gets a cut of the amount his fund manages. We can probably calculate what he makes, and its likely well into the mid 6 figures (just a guess on my part).

If you're making mid 6 figures a year, why I'd tip my hat off to you cheif. :rolleyes:

2 lat 2 sukup now -- ur on chif's ******** list. snort grunt har har har
Da nile is more than a river in Egypt.

#16 TrillionDollarMan

TrillionDollarMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 308 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 08:18 PM

WHO HAS the documentation of Hussman failure in 1990's? TDM :unsure:

#17 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 08:20 PM

2 lat 2 sukup now -- ur on chif's ******** list. snort grunt har har har

Cheif is pretty brutal to folks... especially his peers, who apparently make worse market calls than him, but make far more $ than he does. Eh what can you do? That's life.

#18 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 08:30 PM

he.s no peer of mine..........tell me something...did you ever wonder why nobody quotes a bull around here....i mean a real bull????.......lmazof......i despise people who hang out a shingle and tell the world they are market gurus then procede to destroy the good name of market analysis .....they should all be hung by their thumbs.....

#19 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 08:37 PM

Posted Image
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#20 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 08:38 PM

he.s no peer of mine..........tell me something...did you ever wonder why nobody quotes a bull around here....i mean a real bull????.......lmazof......i despise people who hang out a shingle and tell the world they are market gurus then procede to destroy the good name of market analysis .....they should all be hung by their thumbs.....

Why don't you call up CNBC and ask them to invite you? Hell they put Nenner on, they're certainly going to invite you.

Just tell them you went long S&P since 1080. They'll recognize your genius right away.