Is your favorite guru on dis list??

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 traderpaul

traderpaul

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:26 PM

Mr. ABC (not real name) high on this list is not a market timer.....Just a great stock picker.....Did very bad in last bear market.....Mr. XYZ ( not real name) is a market timer.....was wrong for more than a year.....Came back with above average on the list....
"Inflation is taking place now. Prices may not appear to be rising because they are making packaging smaller. "— Rickoshay

#12 securelstmile

securelstmile

• Banned
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:18 PM

btw, it only takes one good call and one good trade to make a lifetime of trading profits.

there is more than one way to make it in this biz

I would rather make one good trade...than have much knowledge and trading skills

example...in the 1980's I helped someone learn to trade that did not even know how to type or use a computer or trading platforms...she made one good trade with $60k that resulted in excess of $800k...two other good trades during the internet bubble days...she performed this way because she gets it:

progress not activity is what matters.

quality first

da chief rules in my opinion. why do some not choose to learn from a guy that offers his wisdom?

Very good post.

I agree, da chief is one of my favorite posters.
The harder I work, the luckier I get.

#13 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 01:20 PM

Dear Mr. Hiker.....I agree 100% with you in that one good trade is better than a thousand trades to get you to the same place. My only point, somewhat in jest, was to point out why Da Chief is missing from that list. If you observe, all those people in that list have made a ton of calls. There is no one with very few calls.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#14 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 03:39 PM

Who is that?

No, my favorite bond guru, whose timely bond crash calls (once in May and again last month) made me tons of money, is not on the list.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/