Have we topped?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:57 AM

Looks like this was a hot topic overnight.... So here comes my contribution to T4.

#2 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,999 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:05 AM

Looks like this was a hot topic overnight....
So here comes my contribution to T4.

Not before a crash. :)

#3 Iblayz

Iblayz

• TT Patron+
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:30 AM

Just posted this elsewhere....

Remember....it's not about table pounding and insisiting that one must be right. It is about responding to the market and being flexible enough to adjust. That said, if ever a signal is to be reversed, today should be the day on the SOX. BRCM's report wasn't stunning but it is a super momo wonderpuppy that the bubble blowers (i.e., hedge funds) are in love with. And we have some positive response to the report. Add this....

Upgrades: J.P Morgan upgrades Semiconductor stocks to Bullish from Cautious

In my opinion that is all you need to see re: the Nasdaq/NDX. The brokers support each other on calls like this. That should mean all day order flow into Semi stocks and should make it very, very hard for the NDX, QQQ to lose today. I really didn't think that they would pull those all the way up into sell signal range (i.e., would not get high enough or strong enough to generate an outright sell) but I will likely be wrong about that. After a broad upgrade like that and with the bubble blowers convinced that they MUST now concentrate on the NDX yet again, a down day today would be a huge negative and I don't see it happening.

#4 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 10:35 AM

Just posted this elsewhere....

Remember....it's not about table pounding and insisiting that one must be right. It is about responding to the market and being flexible enough to adjust. That said, if ever a signal is to be reversed, today should be the day on the SOX. BRCM's report wasn't stunning but it is a super momo wonderpuppy that the bubble blowers (i.e., hedge funds) are in love with. And we have some positive response to the report. Add this....

Upgrades: J.P Morgan upgrades Semiconductor stocks to Bullish from Cautious

In my opinion that is all you need to see re: the Nasdaq/NDX. The brokers support each other on calls like this. That should mean all day order flow into Semi stocks and should make it very, very hard for the NDX, QQQ to lose today. I really didn't think that they would pull those all the way up into sell signal range (i.e., would not get high enough or strong enough to generate an outright sell) but I will likely be wrong about that. After a broad upgrade like that and with the bubble blowers convinced that they MUST now concentrate on the NDX yet again, a down day today would be a huge negative and I don't see it happening.

Thanks for the heads up. However I think the market wouldn't pay too much attention to any pumping effort at this juncture. The market already got its clues about the future as we finish earnings. JP M. might have upgraded them to unload their inventory after they saw the smart money is already out of those stocks couple of days ago...