Tick

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 04:15 PM

Have you all noticed the closing tick ( nyse) the last 2 weeks?? 4-5 of them are over +1000...huge buy programs at the closes. Normally very tough to get 1000 tick readings, not lately.

#2 jjc

jjc

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 04:20 PM

Have you all noticed the closing tick ( nyse) the last 2 weeks?? 4-5 of them are over +1000...huge buy programs at the closes. Normally very tough to get 1000 tick readings, not lately.

I have tommy. 4 dma of the closing tick gives a quick and dirty directional signal at the extremes.
I wonder if shorts doing overnight covering might be the cause and not buy programs...

#3 traderpaul

traderpaul

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 04:23 PM

You can count how many negative ticks we had in the last few months with the fingers in your hands.....
Question for you.....With all those buy programs.....Why are we going sideways?
"Inflation is taking place now. Prices may not appear to be rising because they are making packaging smaller. "— Rickoshay

#4 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 04:36 PM

the pedal is floored, the bull mkt is getting less bang for its buck at this stage i guess...but it is still getting bang.

#5 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:24 PM

Question for you.....With all those buy programs.....Why are we going sideways?

We are? Oh...you're still looking at the NASDAQ marketplace. :)

As you already know Paul, the TICK represents of the NYSE group of stocks which are certainly not trading sideways.

And if you look again at the COMPX and the NDX, they continue to maintain bottoms above bottoms price structures - or - the price pattern continues to maintain a high level consolidation pattern with a bullish bias.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions